From Crash to Testcase: a Debugging Primer
(Or: how to get your bugs fixed really quickly and be loved by developers)
Your server crashed? Staring at lots of data in the error log but not sure how to go about it?
Roel, QA Lead at Percona (and previously a Senior QA engineer at Oracle), teaches you in this
information-packed session on what to do next time your server crashes!
- See problems more clearly, instead of having to make "suspicions and speculations"
- Reduce the time it takes developers to fix your bug - in almost every case
- Understand how a problem correlates to your environment: a quick workaround may be possible
- Ensure maximum uptime for your environment: know what pro-active measures to take
From crash to testcase. With in-depth focus on:
- Problem to solution flow (with free cheat sheet!)
- Optimized strategies for issue research, logging bugs, and more
- Reading and analyzing error logs and crash reports
- Coredump setup and analysis using gdb & WinDbg
- LES (Last Executed Statement) analysis
- Using the Random Query Generator
- Valgrind analysis & tracking