Product Manager, PMM
Using PMM, participate in a demonstration of how to leverage the combination of Query Analytics and Metrics Monitor when troubleshooting MySQL performance issues. We'll review the essential components of PMM, and use some of the most common cases of database slowness as examples of where to look and what to do.
This is a hands-on tutorial covering how to set up monitoring for MySQL database servers using the Percona Monitoring and Management (PMM) platform.
PMM is an open-source collection of tools for managing and monitoring MySQL and MongoDB performance. It provides thorough time-based analysis for database servers to ensure that they work as efficiently as possible.
You will learn about:
- The best practices on MySQL monitoring
- Metrics and time series
- Data collection, management and visualization tools
- Monitoring deployment
- How to use graphs to spot performance issues
- Query analytics
- Trending and capacity planning
- How to monitor HA
Please bring a laptop with the Virtualbox application.
Come hear how performance improves 3x-10x in the latest Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.7, along with other security changes!
We will highlight:
* Dramatically improved OLTP concurrency throughput under multiple threads
* The value of disabling binlogs in PXC 5.7, and the tradeoffs to consider
* How Percona XtraDB Cluster performance compares to MariaDB Cluster and InnoDB Group Replication
* Integration with ProxySQL using proxysql-admin