Alibaba Cloud Database Kernel Team is supporting cloud database services in Alibaba Cloud Platform.
The MySQL in Cloud is big different with local MySQL. Usually, Cloud supports multi-tenancy. Then we need some features for that, such as:
1. Reset Connection: Let the connections can be re-used by different users.
2. Proxy Bypass IP: Let the Proxy can set the real client IP for connections.
3. Usergroup: SUPER/non-SUPER users are not enough, different users need different access poclies and resource quotas.
4. Implict Primary Key: It will let every tables have a default key internally for all engines, avoid the replication issues.
5. Flashback: It can let users can rollback the small mis-operations, instead of rollback all instance from a backup set.
And many other features for the Cloud cases.
In this session, you can know how Alibaba Cloud make MySQL is more suitable for the Cloud environment.
I work as a Staff Database Engineer for Alibaba Cloud, am a Senior Developer for the MariaDB Foundation, and have been an Oracle ACE for MySQL since 2013. I'm also Vice-President of the All China MySQL User Group (ACMUG), and have contributed numerous features and bugfixes to the MySQL/MariaDB community such as multi-source replication, thread memory monitoring, Flashback, etc. I'm also a co-translator of the Chinese version of the High Performance MySQL (3rd) and MariaDB Knowledge Base.