Do you want to get more familiar with how to become a MySQL DBA? Are you a developer familiar with writing applications that use MySQL, but feel a bit limited on how to manage a MySQL database?
This full-day tutorial will be mainly hands-on. We'll show some slides on each of the various topics presented, but the goal is to have YOU the student work in a MySQL environment as much as possible.
What will we cover? Almost every aspect of being a MySQL DBA,on MySQL 5.7:
- We will install MySQL and configure the right privileges for your system
- Once we have a database running, we will get a better understanding of what our database is doing and look at the different possible diagnostics and monitoring options in MySQL using PMM and other tools.
- We will troubleshoot issues
- We will discuss and try some of the different backup options, since not losing any data is an important goal for a MySQL DBA
- We will clarify and troubleshoot replication
At the age of 7, Dimitri received his first computer, since then he has felt addicted to anything with a digital pulse. Dimitri has been active in IT professionally since 2003 in which he took various roles from internal system engineering to consulting. Prior to joining Percona, Dimitri worked as a Open Source consultant for a leading Open Source software consulting firm in Belgium. During his career, Dimitri became familiar with a broad range of open source solutions and with the devops philosophy. Whenever he's not glued to his computer screen, he enjoys travelling, cultural activities, basketball and the great outdoors. Dimitri is living with his girlfriend in the beautiful city of Ghent, Belgium.
Tom has been active in Unix system's administration for 10+ years. Before joining Percona, he has been working for several consultancy companies and system's integrators, always working, focusing and offering solutions based on OSS.