Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Point-in-time recovery

Hi all,

I have just upgraded to XtraBackup 2.4 and everything seems to be working well.
    I can do a full backup using xtrabackup --backup but am a little lost on how to do a point-in-time recovery.
    The documentation seems to say I need to have used the innobackupex program to do the backup but it also says that this program had been deprecated and that I should use the xtrabackup program so I am a little confused.
    Reading up on point-in-time recovery in the user manual it only refers to the innobackupex program.
    So if I shouldn't be using this program, how do I do a point-in-time recovery?

I would really appreciate some help on this

Thanks in advance

Ian

Hi Ian
    We posted a blog just this week, I wonder if this helps? https://www.percona.com/blog/2017/10...ery-right-way/
    There are also some useful comments at the end of the post that point to other sources of information that are worthwhile reading.
    On your query about innobackupex - that command is deprecated but it still works so you could reliably follow the example to do a point-in-time-recovery .
    The xtrabackup documentation is currently being revised to fully document the xtrabackup commands.
    So thank you for highlighting this, and I will make sure that it's on the list for update.
    Last edited by lorraine.pocklington; 10-27-2017, 06:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X