Buy Percona ServicesBuy Now!

innobackupex/xtrabackup and partitioned tables?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• innobackupex/xtrabackup and partitioned tables?

Sorry, I'm rather new to this, so please forgive if I ask something obvious (I have searched, but came up blank). So, I have inherited a number of mysql databases with backups stretching back several years. The backups are of single databases (MySQL 5.5), mostly, and they all contain partitioned tables. As I understand it, in order to restore a single database, I have to do it table by table, but right now I'm blocked at the partitioned tables - I'm trying to extract the table definitions with mysqlfrm, which dosn't seem to understand the partitioned files. I know this program isn't developed by Percona, but I'm a bit worried that there may be problems waiting later on, when I try to import partitioned tables (?)

And, of course, if somebody around here knows mysqlfrm and can help me with that, that would be great too!

Hello j4nd3r53n thanks for reaching out. Looks like you've inherited an old set up there...
    What version of innobackupex are you using?
    I found this recipes link which may help you, if not come back and I will see if I can find someone who can help you out. https://www.percona.com/doc/percona-..._partition.txt

Comment

$ innobackupex -v
      innobackupex version 2.4.9 Linux (x86_64) (revision id: a467167cdd4)

Comment

Thank you for the link - I'll study it is detail

Comment

Working...
        X