The eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative leader in on-line classifieds, with seven sites that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they're looking for in their local communities — whether it's a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. Please visit our website www.ebayclassifiedsgroup.com for more information.
MySQL / Oracle Database Administrator – Local Classifieds
The eBay Classifieds Group is always looking for high-energy, self-motivated, committed individuals who are passionate about their work. Our team members enjoy a challenging environment that places the highest value on innovation, accountability and playing to win. eBay Classifieds Group combines the entrepreneurial energy of a start-up with the resources and trusted leadership of a major corporation. Our culture is based on open and honest communication, respect for other points of view and a spirit of fun that keeps egos in check.
eBay Classifieds Group offers empowering roles worldwide with a focus on creativity, competitive pay and benefits, professional growth, and performance-focused rewards.
The MySQL / Oracle DBA will have significant experience with high load, high traffic Oracle and MySQL database environments. You are able to monitor, optimize and expand our database pools and queries in order to keep our applications fast & scalable.
Job responsibilities include:
The ECG Site Operations team is responsible for 24/7/365 monitoring and incident response to ECG site infrastructure and suite of site related services. The ECG clusters exist of hundreds of servers spread out over multiple data centers in The Netherlands and the United States.
We are looking for an experienced MySQL / Oracle database administrator with very good Linux administration skills. The ECG platforms are based on, LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL & PHP) and Java and we need a talented DBA to support the administration, optimization (performance tuning) & expansion of our database infrastructures.
You will work in a team of DBA's, Linux Administrators, Network Engineers and Data Center technicians in Amsterdam(NL) and San Jose (US). Furthermore you will work closely with the development teams to optimize application code at database level.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Database administration in high volume 24x7 environment
- Implementation of database backup and recovery solutions
- Troubleshooting database performance and scalability issues
- Testing and implementation of high availability and disaster recovery solutions
- Perform database upgrades and migrations
- Assist in the design and implementation of Oracle security models
- Work with the developers to assist with application design and data model
- Write, maintain and help enforce coding standards and best practices
- Provide assistance with vendor's technical support Provide on-call support for critical issues on a rotational basis
Education, skills & Experience:
The ideal candidate will be fluent in Dutch & English and will have:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent.
- 3-4+ years of hands-on experience as fulltime MySQL/Oracle DBA on a high traffic /load database infrastructure. Preferably in a high traffic web environment.
- Oracle & MySQL architecture design experience (load distribution, clustering, backup & recovery strategy, etc.)
- Proven problem solving track record focused on quick outage restore, root cause analysis technologies.
- Strong LINUX administration skills Positive attitude and willingness to take on new responsibilities
If you're interested please contact me in private (my email is lucampos [at] ebay [dot] com).
And no, I'm not a head-hunter.