New features in the release:
- MySQL-5.0.83 is taken as the basis
- The new patch innodb_use_sys_malloc.patch is added
- The new patch innodb_split_buf_pool_mutex.patch is added
This patch splits the single global InnoDB buffer pool mutex into several mutexes for different purposes. This reduces mutex contention. It may help if you suffer performance loss when the working set does not fit in memory. You can detect buffer pool mutex contention by examining the output of SHOW INNODB STATUS and looking at the first section, SEMAPHORES.
- Google's style IO - innodb_io_patches.patch
- FreeBSD .tar.gz package for amd64 platform is available