Percona Distribution for PostgreSQL 12.3¶
|Date:||June 11, 2020|
|Installation:||Installing Percona Distribution for PostgreSQL|
Percona Distribution for PostgreSQL is a collection of tools to assist you in managing PostgreSQL. Percona Distribution for PostgreSQL installs PostgreSQL and complements it by a selection of extensions that enable solving essential practical tasks efficiently:
- Pg_repack rebuilds PostgreSQL database objects.
- Pgaudit provides detailed session or object audit logging via the standard logging facility provided by PostgreSQL
- pgBackRest - a backup and restore solution for PostgreSQL
- Patroni - an HA solution for PostgreSQL
- A collection of additional PostgreSQL contrib extensions
Percona Distribution for PostgreSQL is also shipped with the libpq library. It contains “a set of library functions that allow client programs to pass queries to the PostgreSQL backend server and to receive the results of these queries.” 
This release of Percona Distribution for PostgreSQL is based on PostgreSQL 12.3.