Percona Distribution for PostgreSQL 12 Documentation¶
Percona Distribution for PostgreSQL is a collection of tools to assist you in managing your PostgreSQL database system: it installs PostgreSQL and complements it by a selection of extensions that enable solving essential practical tasks efficiently:
- pg_repack rebuilds PostgreSQL database objects
- pgaudit provides detailed session or object audit logging via the standard PostgreSQL logging facility
- pgBackRest is a backup and restore solution for PostgreSQL
- Patroni is an HA solution for PostgreSQL.
- pg_stat_monitor (a technical preview) collects and aggregates statistics for PostgreSQL and provides histogram information.
- A collection of additional PostgreSQL contrib extensions
Percona Distribution for PostgreSQL is also shipped with the libpq library. It contains “a set of library functions that allow client programs to pass queries to the PostgreSQL backend server and to receive the results of these queries.”