Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.7.21-29.26¶
Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.7.20-29.24 is now the current release, based on the following:
- Percona Server for MySQL 5.7.21
- Galera Replication library 3.23
- Galera/Codership WSREP API Release 5.7.21
Starting from now, Percona XtraDB Cluster issue tracking system was moved from launchpad to JIRA. All Percona software is open-source and free.
- PXC-2039: Node consistency was compromised for
INSERT INTO ... ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATEworkload because the regression introduced in Percona XtraDB Cluster
5.7.17-29.20made it possible to abort local transactions without further re-evaluation in case of a lock conflict.
- PXC-2054 Redo optimized DDL operations (like sorted index
build) were not blocked in case of a running backup process, leading
to the SST fail. To fix this,
--lock-ddloption blocks now all DDL during the xtrabackup backup stage.
- General code improvement was made in the GTID event handling, when events are captured as a part of the slave replication and appended to the galera replicated write-set. This fixed PXC-2041 (starting async slave on a single node Percona XtraDB Cluster led to a crash) and PXC-2058 (binlog-based master-slave replication broke the cluster) caused by the incorrect handling in the GTID append logic.
- An issue caused by noncoincidence between the order of recovered transaction and the global seqno assigned to the transaction was fixed ensuring that the updated recovery wsrep coordinates are persisted.
- PXC-904: Replication filters were not working with
account management statements like
CREATE USERin case of galera replication; as a result such commands were blocked by the replication filters on async slave nodes but not on galera ones.
- PXC-2043: SST script was trying to use
pv(the pipe viewer) for
rlimitoptions even on nodes with no
pvinstalled, resulting in SST fail instead of just ignoring these options for inappropriate nodes.
- PXC-911: When node’s own IP address was defined in the
wsrep_cluster_addressvariable, the node was receiving “no messages seen in” warnings from it’s own IP address in the info log.
This release also contains fixes for the following CVE issues: CVE-2018-2565, CVE-2018-2573, CVE-2018-2576, CVE-2018-2583, CVE-2018-2586, CVE-2018-2590, CVE-2018-2612, CVE-2018-2600, CVE-2018-2622, CVE-2018-2640, CVE-2018-2645, CVE-2018-2646, CVE-2018-2647, CVE-2018-2665, CVE-2018-2667, CVE-2018-2668, CVE-2018-2696, CVE-2018-2703, CVE-2017-3737.