Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.7.20-29.24
Percona is glad to announce the release of
Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.7.20-29.24 on January 26, 2018.
Binaries are available from the downloads section
or from our software repositories.
Due to new package dependency,
Ubuntu/Debian users should use
apt-get install percona-xtradb-cluster-57 to upgrade.
Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.7.20-29.24 is now the current release,
based on the following:
All Percona software is open-source and free.
- Ubuntu 17.10 Artful Aardvark is now supported.
- PXC-737: freezing gcache purge was implemented to facilitate node
joining through IST, avoiding time consuming SST process.
- PXC-822: a usability improvement was made to timeout error
messages, the name of the configuration variable which caused the
timeout was added to the message.
- PXC-866: a new variable
wsrep_last_committed one, was introduced to clearly
separate last committed and last applied transaction numbers.
- PXC-868: on the Joiner, during SST,
[sst] section can be used to specify temporary SST files storage
different from the default
- PXC-889: fixed an issue where a node with an invalid value for
wsrep_provider was allowed to start up and operate in standalone
mode, which could lead to data inconsistency. The node will now abort in
this case. Bug fixed #1728774
- PXC-806: fixed an abort caused by an early read of the
query_id, ensuring valid ids are assigned to subsequent transactions.
- PXC-850: ensured that a node, because of data inconsistency,
isolates itself before leaving the cluster, thus allowing pending nodes
to re-evaluate the quorum. Bug fixed #1704404
wsrep_sst_rsync script was overwriting
wsrep_debug configuration setting making it not to be taken
- PXC-873: fixed formatting issue in the error message appearing
when SST is not possible due to a timeout. Bug fixed #1720094
- PXC-874: PXC acting as async slave reported unhandled transaction
errors, namely “Rolling back unfinished transaction”.
- PXC-875: fixed an issue where toggling
off and on failed to reset some internal variables and resulted in PXC
logging an “Unsupported protocol downgrade” warning. Bug fixed #1379204
- PXC-877: fixed PXC hang caused by an internal deadlock.
- PXC-878: thread failed to mark exit from the InnoDB server
concurrency and therefore never got un-register in InnoDB concurrency system.
- PXC-879: fixed a bug where a
LOAD DATA command used
with GTIDs was executed on one node, but the other nodes would receive less
rows than the first one. Bug fixed #1741818
- PXC-880: insert to table without primary key was possible with
insertable view if
pxc_strict_mode variable was set to ENFORCING.
Bug fixed #1722493
- PXC-883: fixed
ROLLBACK TO SAVEPOINT incorrect operation on
slaves by avoiding useless wsrep plugin register for a savepoint rollback.
Bug fixed #1700593
- PXC-885: fixed IST hang when
keyring_file_data is set.
Bug fixed #1728688
- PXC-887: gcache page files were unnecessarily created due to
an error in projecting gcache free size when configured to recover on
- PXC-895: fixed transaction loss after recovery by avoiding
interruption of the binlog recovery based on wsrep saved position.
Bug fixed :bug:1734113
- PXC-897: fixed empty
gtid_executed variable after
recovering the position of a node with
- PXC-906: fixed certification failure in the case of a node
restarting at the same time when frequent
TRUNCATE TABLE commands and
DML writes occur simultaneously on other nodes. Bug fixed #1737731
- PXC-909: qpress package was turned into a dependency from
suggested/recommended one on Debian 9.
- PXC-903 and PXC-910: init.d/systemctl scripts on Debian
9 were updated to avoid starting wsrep-recover if there was no crash, and to
fix an infinite loop at mysqladmin ping fail because of nonexistent ping
- PXC-915: suppressing DDL/TOI replication in case of
sql_log_bin zero value didn’t work when DDL statement was
modifying an existing table, resulting in an error.