Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.7.17-29.20¶
Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.7.17-29.20 is now the current release, based on the following:
- Percona Server 5.7.17-13
- Galera Replication library 3.20
- wsrep API version 29
All Percona software is open-source and free.
This release was focused on performance and scaling capability with increasing workload threads. Tests show up to 10 times increase in performance.
- Improved parallelism for better scaling with multiple threads.
- Updated semantics for gcache page cleanup
to trigger when either
gcache.keep_pages_countexceeds the limit, instead of both at the same time.
- Improved SST and IST log messages for better readability and unification.
- Excluded the
garbdnode from flow control calculations.
- Added extra checks to verify that SSL files (certificate, certificate authority, and key) are compatible before opening connection.
- Added validations for
IMPORT TABLESPACEin PXC Strict Mode to prevent data inconsistency.
- Added support for passing the XtraBackup buffer pool size
--use-memoryoption is not passed with the
- Added the
wsrep_flow_control_statusvariable to indicate if node is in flow control (paused).
- Fixed gcache page cleanup not triggering when limits are exceeded.
- PXC-766: Added the
wsrep_ist_receive_statusvariable to show progress during an IST.
CREATE TABLE ... AS SELECT(CTAS) statements with temporary tables (
CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE ... AS SELECT) in PXC Strict Mode. For more information, see #1666899.
- PXC-782: Updated
xtrabackup-v2script to use the
tmpdiroption (if it is set under
[mysqld], in that order).
- PXC-783: Improved the wsrep stage framework.
- PXC-784: Fixed the
pc.recoveryprocedure to abort if the
gvwstate.datfile is empty or invalid, and fall back to normal joining process. For more information, see #1669333.
- PXC-794: Updated the
sockoptoption to include a comma at the beginning if it is not set by the user.
- PXC-795: Set
--parallel=4as default option for
wsrep_sst_xtrabackup-v2to run four threads with XtraBackup.
- PXC-797: Blocked
wsrep_desynctoggling while node is paused to avoid halting the cluster when running
FLUSH TABLES WITH READ LOCK. For more information, see #1370532.
- PXC-805: Inherited upstream fix
to avoid using deprecated variables,
INFORMATION_SCHEMA.SESSION_VARIABLE. For more information, see #1676401.
- PXC-811: Changed default values for the following variables:
- Moved wsrep settings into a separate configuration file
mysqladmin shutdownto correctly stop the server on systems using
- Fixed several minor packaging and dependency issues.