Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.7.14-26.17¶
This release is dedicated to the memory of Federico Goncalvez, our colleague with Percona’s Uruguayan team until his tragic death on September 6, 2016.
Fede, you are missed.
Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.7.14-26.17 is the first GA release in the 5.7 series, based on the following:
For information about the changes and new features introduced in Percona Server 5.7, see Changed in Percona Server 5.7.
This is a list of the most important features introduced in Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.7 compared to version 5.6
- PXC Strict Mode saves your workload from experimental and unsupported features.
- Support for monitoring Galera Library instruments and other wsrep instruments as part of Performance Schema.
- Support for encrypted tablespaces in Multi-Master Topology, which enables Percona XtraDB Cluster to wire encrypted tablespace to new booting node.
- Compatibility with ProxySQL, including a quick configuration script.
- Support for monitoring Percona XtraDB Cluster nodes using Percona Monitoring and Management
- More stable and robust operation with MySQL and Percona Server version 5.7.14, as well as Galera 3.17 compatibility. Includes all upstream bug fixes, improved logging and more.
- Simplified packaging for Percona XtraDB Cluster to a single package that installs everything it needs, including the Galera library.
- Support for latest XtraBackup with enhanced security checks.
Fixed crash when a local transaction (such as
is interrupted by a replicated transaction with higher priopiry
ALTER that changes table structure
and can thus affect the result of the local transaction).
Fixed DONOR node getting stuck in
after successful SST.
Fixed error message when altering non-existent table
Fixed path to directory in
Fixed setting of
on clean shutdown.
Fixed failure of asynchronous TOI actions (like
for non-primary nodes.
Fixed replacing of
my.cnf during upgrade from 5.6 to 5.7.
For more information, see https://www.percona.com/blog/2016/09/12/database-affected-cve-2016-6662/