Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.7 Documentation¶
Percona XtraDB Cluster is a database clustering solution for MySQL. It ensures high availability, prevents downtime and data loss, and provides linear scalability for a growing environment.
Features of Percona XtraDB Cluster include:
- Synchronous replication
- Data is written to all nodes simultaneously, or not written at all if it fails even on a single node.
- Multi-source replication
- Any node can trigger a data update.
- True parallel replication
- Multiple threads on slave performing replication on row level.
- Automatic node provisioning**
- You simply add a node and it automatically syncs.
- Data consistency
- Percona XtraDB Cluster ensures that data is automatically synchronized on all nodes in your cluster.
- PXC Strict Mode
- Avoids the use of experimental and unsupported features.
- Configuration script for ProxySQL
Percona provides a ProxySQL package with the
proxysql-admintool that automatically configures Percona XtraDB Cluster nodes.
- Automatic configuration of SSL encryption
- Percona XtraDB Cluster includes the
pxc-encrypt-cluster-trafficvariable that enables automatic configuration of SSL encryption.
- Optimized Performance
Percona XtraDB Cluster performance is optimized to scale with a growing production workload.
For more information, see the following blog posts:
Percona XtraDB Cluster is fully compatible with MySQL Server Community Edition, Percona Server, and MariaDB. It provides a robust application compatibility: there is no or minimal application changes required.
- State Snapshot Transfer
- Percona XtraBackup SST Configuration
- Restarting the cluster nodes
- Cluster Failover
- Monitoring the cluster
- Certification in Percona XtraDB Cluster
- Percona XtraDB Cluster threading model
- Understanding GCache and Record-Set Cache
- Perfomance Schema Instrumentation
- Data at Rest Encryption
- Upgrading Percona XtraDB Cluster
- Crash Recovery
- Configuring Percona XtraDB Cluster on CentOS
- Configuring Percona XtraDB Cluster on Ubuntu
- Setting up Galera Arbitrator
- How to set up a three-node cluster on a single box
- How to set up a three-node cluster in EC2 enviroment
- Load balancing with HAProxy
- Load balancing with ProxySQL
- Setting up PXC reference architecture with HAProxy