Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.7 Documentation¶
Percona XtraDB Cluster is a database clustering solution for MySQL. It ensures high availability, prevents downtime and data loss, and provides linear scalability for a growing environment.
Features of Percona XtraDB Cluster include:
Data is written to all nodes simultaneously, or not written at all if it fails even on a single node.
Any node can trigger a data update.
True parallel replication
Multiple threads on slave performing replication on row level.
Automatic node provisioning
You simply add a node and it automatically syncs.
No more unsynchronized nodes.
PXC Strict Mode
Avoids the use of experimental and unsupported features.
Configuration script for ProxySQL
Percona provides a ProxySQL package with the
proxysql-admintool that automatically configures Percona XtraDB Cluster nodes.
Automatic configuration of SSL encryption
Percona XtraDB Cluster includes the
pxc-encrypt-cluster-trafficvariable that enables automatic configuration of SSL encrytion.
Percona XtraDB Cluster performance is optimized to scale with a growing production workload.
For more information, see the following blog posts:
- Data compatibility: You can use data created by any MySQL variant.
- Application compatibility: There is no or minimal application changes required.
- State Snapshot Transfer
- Percona XtraBackup SST Configuration
- Restarting the cluster nodes
- Cluster Failover
- Monitoring the cluster
- Certification in Percona XtraDB Cluster
- Percona XtraDB Cluster threading model
- Understanding GCache and Record-Set Cache
- Perfomance Schema Instrumentation
- Data at Rest Encryption
- Upgrading Percona XtraDB Cluster
- Configuring Percona XtraDB Cluster on CentOS
- Configuring Percona XtraDB Cluster on Ubuntu
- Setting up Galera Arbitrator
- How to set up a three-node cluster on a single box
- How to set up a three-node cluster in EC2 enviroment
- Load balancing with HAProxy
- Load balancing with ProxySQL
- Setting up PXC reference architecture with HAProxy