Percona XtraBackup 8.0.8¶
Percona XtraBackup enables MySQL backups without blocking user queries, making it ideal for companies with large data sets and mission-critical applications that cannot tolerate long periods of downtime. Offered free as an open source solution, it drives down backup costs while providing unique features for MySQL backups.
All Percona software is open-source and free.
New Features and Improvements¶
- Support log archiving feature in PXB 8.0. More information in PXB-1912 and in the Redo Log section of MySQL documentation
- For the MyRocks storage engine, support the creation of renewable checkpoints
--rocksdb-checkpoint-max-count) to minimize the amount of binary logs to apply after the backup was completed. Using renewable checkpoints, Percona XtraBackup only copies the SST files that were created after the previous checkpoint. More information in PXB-1915.
- Two options (–-backup-lock-timeout and -–backup-lock-retry-count) were
added to enable the configuring of the timeout for acquiring metadata locks in
FLUSH TABLES WITH READ LOCK,
LOCK TABLE FOR BACKUP, and
LOCK BINLOG FOR BACKUPstatements. More information in PXB-1914
- An encrypted table could not be restored when
DROP INDEXcommands had been run on the table. Bug fixed PXB-1905
- In some cases
xtrabackup --preparecould fail to decrypt a table but reported that the operation completed ok. Bug fixed PXB-1936
xtrabackup --move-backdid not complete successfully when the encrypted binlog file. Bug fixed PXB-1937.
- Percona XtraBackup could crash during the prepare stage when making an incremental backup when a multi valued index was being added or dropped for JSON data. Bug fixed PXB-1913.