Percona XtraBackup 8.0.5¶
Percona XtraBackup enables MySQL backups without blocking user queries, making it ideal for companies with large data sets and mission-critical applications that cannot tolerate long periods of downtime. Offered free as an open source solution, it drives down backup costs while providing unique features for MySQL backups.
Percona XtraBackup 8.0.5 introduces the support of undo tablespaces created using
the new syntax (
CREATE UNDO TABLESPACE) available since MySQL 8.0.14. Percona XtraBackup
also supports the binary log encryption introduced in MySQL 8.0.14.
Two new options were added to xbstream. Use the
--decompress option with xbstream to decompress individual qpress
files. With the
--decompress-threads option, specify the
number of threads to apply when decompressing. Thanks to Rauli Ikonen for this contribution.
This release of Percona XtraBackup is a General Availability release ready for use in a production environment.
All Percona software is open-source and free.
Please note the following about this release:
- The deprecated innobackupex has been removed. Use the xtrabackup command to
back up your instances:
$ xtrabackup --backup --target-dir=/data/backup
- When migrating from earlier database server versions, backup and restore and
using Percona XtraBackup 2.4
and then use
mysql_upgradefrom MySQL 8.0.x
- If using
aptrepositories to install Percona XtraBackup 8.0.5, ensure that you have enabled the new tools repository. You can do this with the percona-release enable tools release command and then install the percona-xtrabackup-80 package.
- PXB-1548: Percona XtraBackup enables updating the
ib_buffer_poolfile with the latest pages present in the buffer pool using the
--dump-innodb-buffer-pooloption. Thanks to Marcelo Altmann for contribution.
- PXB-1768: Added support for undo tablespaces created with the new MySQL 8.0.14 syntax.
- PXB-1781: Added support for binary log encryption introduced in MySQL 8.0.14.
- PXB-1797: For xbstream, two new options were added. The
--decompressoption enables xbstream to decompress individual qpress files. The
--decompress-threadsoption controls the number of threads to apply when decompressing. Thanks to Rauli Ikonen for this contribution.
--lock-ddl-per-tablecaused the server to scan all records of partitioned tables which could lead to the “out of memory” error. Bugs fixed PXB-1691 and PXB-1698.
- When Percona XtraBackup was started run with the
--slave-info, incorrect coordinates were written to the xtrabackup_slave_info file.. Bug fixed PXB-1737
- Percona XtraBackup could crash at the prepare stage when making an
incremental backup if the variable
innodb-rollback-segmentswas changed after starting the MySQL Server. Bug fixed PXB-1785.
- The full backup could fail when Percona Server for MySQL was started with the
--innodb-encrypt-tablesparameter. Bug fixed PXB-1793.