Percona XtraBackup 2.0.1¶
This release is the current GA (Generally Available) stable release in the 2.0 series.
- After creating a full compressed backup, performing a
compressed/uncompressed incremental backup would fail because
xtrabackup_checkpointswas compressed. This has been fixed by omitting xtrabackup_checkpoints from compression, so that a full backup could be used for incremental backups without decompression. Bug fixed #977652 (Alexey Kopytov).
innobackupex --copy-backwas copying compressed .qp files as well. This has been fixed by skipping the compressed files while copying the data back. Bug fixed :bug:`983695` (*Alexey Kopytov).
- Streaming backups with
xtrabackup --streamset to tar would fail if the file size was bigger than 8GB. Fixed by changing the libarchive format from
restricted PAXwhich supports bigger file sizes. Bug fixed #977998 (Alexey Kopytov).
- innobackupex was calling the tar utility unconditionally when streaming ib_lru_dump and xtrabackup_galera_info. Which led to a broken stream when the xbstream format was used. Bug fixed #983720 (Sergei Glushchenko).
xtrabackup --compresswas used together with
xtrabackup --streamset to tar, xtrabackup was silently creating a broken backup. Now it fails with an error instead, suggesting to either use xbstream, or don’t use compression at all. Bug fixed #972169 (Alexey Kopytov).
innobackupex --safe-slave-backupwas resulting in incorrect binlog info, because in some cases innobackupex confused the response from SHOW SLAVE STATUS with the one from SHOW MASTER STATUS. Bug fixed #977101 (Alexey Kopytov).
- xbstream would sometimes fail while extracting the backup. Bug fixed #977995 (Alexey Kopytov).
innodb_data_file_pathwas not written to backup-my.cnf, this was a regression introduced in previous version. Bug fixed #983685 (Sergei Glushchenko).
- Percona XtraBackup would fail to find the datadir when using
mysqld_multi. This was fixed by adding new option
xtrabackup --defaults-group, to both innobackupex and xtrabackup, now it can be specified which section of my.cnf to handle. Bug fixed #483827 (Sergei Glushchenko and Daniël van Eeden).
- InnoDB tables with names containing: opt, par, CSV, MYD were backed up twice. These tables were backed up by xtrabackup binary and by innobackupex script. Regular expression for filtering database directory contents was fixed. Bug fixed #989397 (Sergei Glushchenko).
- When run innobackupex with
innobackupex --apply-log, it was reading configuration from the server configuration file instead of backup-my.cnf in backup directory. Bug fixed #996493 (Sergei Glushchenko).
- innobackupex could copy files to a wrong directory when merging an incremental backup to a full one. Bug fixed #1002688 (Alexey Kopytov).
- Incremental backups were not working correctly with
xtrabackup --streamset to tar. This was fixed by making
xtrabackup --incremental-lsnincompatible with
xtrabackup --streamset to tar. Percona XtraBackup will fail with an error message suggesting to use
xtrabackup --streamset to xbstream. Bug fixed #999750 (Alexey Kopytov).
- innobackupex failed to copy-back backup if destination dir wasn’t empty. Exceptions were added for my.cnf and master.info as Percona XtraBackup doesn’t backup those files, so it won’t overwrite anything. Bug fixed #935847 (Igor Tverdovskiy).
innobackupex --copy-backcould skip some files when copying from a Windows filesystem mounted over NFS. Bug fixed #1003518 (Alexey Kopytov).
- Percona XtraBackup binary was leaking file descriptors on
xtrabackup --backup. This was fixed by reusing the existing file descriptor so no leak occurs. Bug fixed #713267 (Alexey Kopytov).
- There were no source files in tar.gz archive for Percona XtraBackup 2.0.0. Bug fixed #1002841 (Ignacio Nin).
- Percona XtraBackup binary could fail with the “log block checksum
- mismatch” error when reading an partially written log block. Bug fixed #1015416 (Alexey Kopytov).