Percona XtraBackup 1.9.0 (2.0 BETA)¶
Percona is glad to announce the release of Percona XtraBackup 1.9.0 on 9th February 2012. Downloads are available from our download site here. For this BETA release, we will not be making APT and YUM repositories available, just base deb and RPM packages.
This is a BETA quality release and is not inteded for production. If you want a high quality, Generally Available release, you should use the current Stable version - currently 1.6.4 in the 1.6 series at the time of writing.
The 1.9.x version numbers will be used to distinguish between pre-release versions of Percona XtraBackup 2.0 and the Generally Available final release.
This release contains all of the features and bug fixes in Percona XtraBackup 1.6.4, plus the following:
- Percona XtraBackup can now save Galera replication information while performing a backup when given the
--galera-infooption to innobackupex.
- The documentation is now bundled with Percona XtraBackup. It may not be included in binary packages for this beta release.
- Support for compiling and running Percona XtraBackup against debug versions of InnoDB. This is only for very advanced users.
xtrabackupwill now raise an error if the transaction log wraps around before all log records are read. Previously it would print a warning and not error out, even though it would have generated an invalid backup. With this bug fix, if the log files wrap around before
xtrabackuphas read all the log records,
xtrabackupwill error out. Bug fixed: #805593 (Alexey Kopytov)
- MyISAM tables were backed up but not locked up during an incremental backup. Bug fixed: #771981 (Valentine Gostev)
tar4ibd(used for streaming backups) could fail silently on backups larger than 4GB on 32bit systems. Bug fixed: #690822 (Stewart Smith and Lee F)
xtrabackupwill now fail if
--defaults-fileis not the first option on the command line. Bug fixed: #798488 (Alexey Kopytov)
xtrabackup_binarywas not included in tar archive when streaming, instead it was written to the current directory. This could cause backups with
--remote-hostto fail. Bugs Fixed: #723318 (Alexey Kopytov) and #787988 (Alexey Kopytov)
- Compiling Percona XtraBackup with GCC 4.6 produced compiler warnings. Bug fixed: #748064 (Stewart Smith)
- Improvements to incremental backups when using streaming, the addition of the
--extra-lsndiroption. Bug fixed: #680936 (Vadim Tkachenko)
innobackupexwas hardcoded to use
--copy-back. This could affect users who built from source. Bug fixed: #737462 (Valentine Gostev)
--statsis run without the log files properly initialised,
xtrabackupwill now print a warning instead of crashing. Bug fixed: #672384 (Alexey Kopytov and Vadim Tkachenko)
- Applying an incremental backup on a backup prepared with
--redo-onlyfailed to update the log files. Bug fixed: #717300 (Valentine Gostev, Alexey Kopytov and Vadim Tkachenko)
- Misc fixes to tests and build system: #749420, #762207, #733811, #811065