Percona XtraBackup User Manual¶
Percona XtraBackup is a set of following tools:
- innobackupex is the symlink for xtrabackup. innobackupex still supports all features and syntax as 2.2 version did, but is now deprecated and will be removed in next major release.
- a compiled C binary that provides functionality to backup a whole MySQL database instance with MyISAM, InnoDB, and XtraDB tables.
- utility used for encrypting and decrypting backup files.
- utility that allows streaming and extracting files to/from the xbstream format.
- utility used for downloading and uploading full or part of xbstream archive from/to cloud.
After Percona XtraBackup 2.3 release the recommend way to take the backup is using the xtrabackup script. More information on script options can be found in how to use xtrabackup.