How-tos and Recipes¶
Recipes for innobackupex¶
Assumptions in this section¶
Most of the times, the context will make the recipe or tutorial understandable. To assure that, a list of the assumptions, names and “things” that will appear in this section is given. At the beginning of each recipe or tutorial they will be specified in order to make it quicker and more practical.
A system with a MySQL-based server installed, configured and running. We will assume the following about this system:
- the MySQL server is able to communicate with others by the standard TCP/IP port;
- a SSH server is installed and configured - see here if it is not;
- you have an user account in the system with the appropriate permissions and
- you have a MySQL’s user account with appropriate privileges.
- An user account in the system with shell access and appropriate permissions for the task. A guide for checking them is here.
- An user account in the database server with appropriate privileges for the task. A guide for checking them is here.