Percona XtraBackup 1.4¶
Released on November 22, 2010
Percona XtraBackup version 1.4 fixes problems related to incremental backups. If you do incremental backups, it’s strongly recommended that you upgrade to this release.
Functionality Added or Changed¶
- Incremental backups have changed and now allow the restoration of full backups containing certain rollback transactions that previously caused problems. Please see Preparing the Backups and the --apply-log-only. (From innobackupex, the --redo-only option should be used.) (Yasufumi Kinoshita)
- The XtraBackup Test Suite was implemented and is now a standard part of each distribution. (Aleksandr Kuzminsky)
- Other New Features
- The --prepare now reports xtrabackup_binlog_pos_innodb if the information exists. (Yasufumi Kinoshita)
- When --prepare is used to restore a partial backup, the data dictionary is now cleaned and contains only tables that exist in the backup. (Yasufumi Kinoshita)
- The --table was extended to accept several regular expression arguments, separated by commas. (Yasufumi Kinoshita)
- Other Changes
- Bug #595770 - XtraBack binaries are now shipped containing debug symbols by default. (Aleksandr Kuzminsky)
- Bug #589639 - Fixed a problem of hanging when tablespaces were deleted during the recovery process. (Yasufumi Kinoshita)
- Bug #611960 - Fixed a segmentation fault in xtrabackup. (Yasufumi Kinoshita)
- Miscellaneous important fixes related to incremental backups.