Percona Server for MySQL 8.0.17-8¶
This release includes fixes to bugs found in previous releases of Percona Server for MySQL 8.0.
Percona Server for MySQL 8.0.17-8 is now the current GA release in the 8.0 series. All of Percona’s software is open-source and free.
Percona Server for MySQL 8.0 includes all the features available in MySQL 8.0.17 Community Edition in addition to enterprise-grade features developed by Percona.
Percona Server for MySQL has implemented the ability to have a MySQL Utility user who has system access to do administrative tasks but limited access to user schemas. The user is invisible to other users. This feature is especially useful to those who are operating MySQL as a Service. This feature has the same functionality as the utility user in earlier versions and has been delay-ported to version 8.0.
Percona Server for MySQL has implemented Data Masking.
- Changed the default of
backoff. Bugs fixed #5881
- When the Adaptive Hash Index (AHI) was enabled or disabled, there was an AHI overhead during DDL operations. Bugs fixed #5747.
- An upgrade to
8.0.16-7with encrypted tablespace fails on
innodb_dynamic_metadata. Bugs fixed #5874.
rocksdb.ttl_primarytest case sometimes fails. Bugs fixed #5722 (Louis Hust)
rocksdb.ns_snapshot_read_committedtest case sometimes fails. Bugs fixed #5798 (Louis Hust).
- During a binlogging replication event, if the master crashes after the
multi-threaded slave has begun copying to the slave’s relay log and before the
process has completed, a
STOP SLAVEon the slave takes longer than expected. Bugs fixed #5824.
- The purpose of the sql_require_primary_key option is to avoid replication performance issues. Temporary tables are not replicated. The option cannot be used with temporary tables. Bugs fixed #5931.
- When using
skip-innodb_doublewritein my.cnf, a parallel doublewrite buffer is still created. Bugs fixed #3411.
- The metadata for every InnoDB table contains encryption information, either a
‘Y’ or an ‘N’ value based on the ENCRYPTION clause or the
default_table_encryptionvalue. You are unable to switch the storage engine from InnoDB to MyRocks because MyRocks does not support the ENCRYPTION clause. Bugs fixed #5865.
- MyRocks does not allow index condition pushdown optimization for specific data
types, such as
varchar. Bugs fixed #5024.
Other bugs fixed: #5880, #5427, #5838, #5682, #5979, #5793, #6020, #6025, #5327, #5839, #5933, #5939, #5659, #5924, #5687, #5926, #5925, #5875, #5533, #5867, #5864, #5760, #5909, #5985, #5941, #5954, #5790, and #5593.