Percona Server 5.7.21-21¶
This release is based on MySQL 5.7.21 and includes all the bug fixes in it. Percona Server 5.7.21-21 is now the current GA (Generally Available) release in the 5.7 series. This version of Percona Server for MySQL marks the following encryption features, previously available as beta, as GA: Vault keyring plugin, encryption for InnoDB general tablespaces, and encryption for binary log files.
All software developed by Percona is open-source and free.
- A new variable
innodb_temp_tablespace_encryptis introduced to turn encryption of temporary tablespace and temporary InnoDB file-per-table tablespaces on/off. Bug fixed #3821.
- A new variable
innodb_encrypt_online_alter_logssimultaneously turns on encryption of files used by InnoDB for merge sort, online DDL logs, and temporary tables created by InnoDB for online DDL. Bug fixed #3819.
- A new variable
innodb_encrypt_tablescan be set to
ON, making InnoDB tables encrypted by default, to
FORCE, disabling creation of unencrypted tables, or
OFF, restoring the like-before behavior. Bug fixed #1525.
- Query response time plugin now can be disabled at session level with use
of a new variable
- Attempting to use a partially-installed query response time plugin could have caused server crash. Bug fixed #3959.
- There was a server crash caused by a materialized temporary table from semi-join optimization with key length larger than 1000 bytes. Bug fixed #296.
- A regression in the original 5.7 port was causing integer overflow with
thread_pool_stall_limitvariable values bigger than 2 seconds. Bug fixed #1095.
- A memory leak took place in Percona Server when performance schema is used in conjunction with thread pooling. Bug fixed #1096.
- A code clean-up was done to fix compilation with clang, both general warnings (bug fixed #3814, upstream #89646) and clang 6 specific warnings and errors (bug fixed #3893, upstream #90111).
- Compilation warning was fixed for -DWITH_QUERY_RESPONSE_TIME=ON CMake compilation option, which makes QRT to be linked statically. Bug fixed #3841.
- Percona Server returned empty result for
SELECTquery if number of connections exceeded 65535. Bug fixed #314 (upstream #89313).
- A clean-up in Percona Server binlog-related code was made to avoid uninitialized memory comparison. Bug fixed #3925 (upstream #90238).
--innodb-optimize-keysoption was incorrectly working with foreign keys on the same table, producing invalid SQL statements. Bugs fixed #1125 and #3863.
- A fix of the mysqld startup script failed to detect jemalloc library
location for preloading, thus not starting on systemd based machines,
introduced in Percona Server
5.7.21-20, was improved to take into account previously created configuration file. Bug fixed #3850.
- The possibility of a truncated bitmap file name was fixed in InnoDB logging subsystem. Bug fixed #3926.
- Temporary file I/O was not instrumented for Performance Schema. Bug fixed #3937 (upstream #90264).
- A crash in the unsafe query warning checks with views took place for
UPDATEstatement in case of statement binlogging format. Bug fixed #290.
- A re-implemented variable
rpl_skip_tx_apiallows to turn on simple RocksDB write batches functionality, increasing replication performance by the transaction API skip. Bug fixed MYR-47.
- Decoding value-less padded varchar fields could under some circumstances cause assertion and/or data corruption. Bug fixed MYR-232.
- Two new variables introduced to facilitate the TokuDB fast updates feature,
tokudb_enable_fast_upsert. Bugs fixed #63 and #148.
- A set of compilation fixes was introduced to make TokuDB successfully build in MySQL / Percona Server 8.0. Bugs fixed #84, #85, #114, #115, #118, #128, #139, #141, and #172.
- Conditional compilation code dependent on version ID in the TokuDB tree was separated and arranged to specific version branches. Bugs fixed #133, #134, #135, and #136.
ALTER TABLE ... COMMENT = ...statement caused TokuDB to rebuild the whole table, which is not needed, as only FRM metadata should be changed. Bugs fixed #130 and #137.
- Data race on the cache table pair attributes was fixed. Bug fixed #109.