Percona Server for MySQL 8.0.15-6¶
This release includes fixes to bugs found in previous releases of Percona Server for MySQL 8.0.
Percona Server for MySQL 8.0.15-6 is now the current GA release in the 8.0 series. All of Percona’s software is open-source and free.
Percona Server for MySQL 8.0 includes all the features available in MySQL 8.0 Community Edition in addition to enterprise-grade features developed by Percona. For a list of highlighted features from both MySQL 8.0 and Percona Server for MySQL 8.0, please see the GA release announcement.
- The server part of MyRocks cross-engine consistent physical backups has been
implemented by introducing
rocksdb_create_temporary_checkpointsession variables. These variables are intended to be used by backup tools. Prolonged use or other misuse can have serious side effects to the server instance.
- RocksDB WAL file information can now be seen in the
Audit_log_buffer_size_overflowstatus variable has been implemented to track when an Audit Log Plugin entry was either dropped or written directly to the file due to its size being bigger than
- TokuDB and MyRocks native partitioning handler objects were allocated from a wrong memory allocator. Memory was released only on shutdown and concurrent access to global memory allocator caused memory corruptions and therefore crashes. Bug fixed #5508.
- using TokuDB or MyRocks native partitioning and
index_mergecould lead to a server crash. Bugs fixed #5206, #5562.
- upgrade from Percona Server for MySQL 5.7.24 to
8.0.13-3wasn’t working with encrypted undo tablespaces. Bug fixed #5223.
- Keyring Vault plugin couldn’t be initialized on Ubuntu Cosmic 17.10. Bug fixed #5453.
- rotated key encryption did not register
encryption_key_idas a valid table option. Bug fixed #5482.
INFORMATION_SCHEMA.GLOBAL_TEMPORARY_TABLESqueries could crash if online
ALTER TABLEwas running in parallel. Bug fixed #5566.
- setting the
innodbvalue and enabling the
slow_query_logcould lead to a server crash. Bug fixed #4933.
- Compression dictionary support operations were not allowed under
innodb-force-recovery. Now they work correctly when
2, and are forbidden when
3. Bug fixed #5148.
BLOBentries in the binary log could become corrupted in case when a database with
Blackholetables served as an intermediate binary log server in a replication chain. Bug fixed #5353.
FLUSH CHANGED_PAGE_BITMAPSwould leave gaps between the last written bitmap LSN and the InnoDB checkpoint LSN. Bug fixed #5446.
- XtraDB changed page tracking was missing pages changed by the in-place DDL. Bug fixed #5447.
innodb_systemtablespace information was missing from the
INFORMATION_SCHEMA.innodb_tablespacesview. Bug fixed #5473.
- undo log tablespace encryption status is now available through
INFORMATION_SCHEMA.innodb_tablespacesview. Bug fixed #5485 (upstream #94665).
- enabling temporay tablespace encryption didn’t mark the
innodb_temporarytablespace with the encryption flag. Bug fixed #5490.
- server would crash during bootstrap if
innodb_encrypt_tableswas set to
1. Bug fixed #5492.
- fixed intermittent shutdown crashes that were happening if Thread Pool was enabled. Bug fixed #5510.
- compression dictionary
INFORMATION_SCHEMAviews were missing when datadir was upgraded from 8.0.13 to 8.0.15. Bug fixed #5529.
FORCEoption only as a string. Bug fixed #5538.
ibd2sdiutility was missing in Debian/Ubuntu packages. Bug fixed #5549.
- Docker image is now ignoring password that is set in the configuration file when first initializing. Bug fixed #5573.
- long running
ALTER TABLE ADD INDEXcould cause a
semaphore wait > 600assertion. Bug fixed #3410 (upstream #82940).
- system keyring keys initialization wasn’t thread safe. Bugs fixed #5554.
- Backup Locks was blocking DML for RocksDB. Bug fixed #5583.
locktreelibrary was re-licensed to Apache v2 license. Bug fixed #5501.