Percona Server 5.7.24-26¶
Percona announces the release of Percona Server for MySQL 5.7.24-26 on December 4, 2018 (downloads are available here and from the Percona Software Repositories). This release merges changes of MySQL 5.7.24, including all the bug fixes in it. Percona Server for MySQL 5.7.24-26 is now the current GA release in the 5.7 series. All of Percona’s software is open-source and free.
This release includes fixes to the following upstream CVEs (Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures): CVE-2016-9843, CVE-2018-3155, CVE-2018-3143, CVE-2018-3156, CVE-2018-3251, CVE-2018-3133, CVE-2018-3144, CVE-2018-3185, CVE-2018-3247, CVE-2018-3187, CVE-2018-3174, CVE-2018-3171. For more information, see Oracle Critical Patch Update Advisory - October 2018 <https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/security-advisory/cpuoct2018-4428296.html>.
- Slave replication could break if upstream bug #74145 (FLUSH LOGS improperly disables the logging if the log file cannot be accessed) occurred in master. Bug fixed #1017 (Upstream #83232).
- Setting the
tokudb_last_lock_timeoutvariable via the command line could cause the server to stop working when the actual timeout took place. Bug fixed #4943.
- Dropping TokuDB table with non-alphanumeric characters could lead to a crash. Bug fixed #4979.
- When using MyRocks storage engine, the server could crash after running
ALTER TABLE DROP INDEXon a slave. Bug fixed #4744.
- The audit log could be corrupted when the
audit_log_rotationsvariable was changed at runtime. Bug fixed #4950.
Other Bugs Fixed
- #4781: sql_yacc.yy uses SQLCOM_SELECT instead of SQLCOM_SHOW_XXXX_STATS
- #4881: Add LLVM/clang 7 to Travis-CI
- #4825: Backport MTR fixes from 8.0
- #4998: Valgrind: compilation fails with: writing to ‘struct buf_buddy_free_t’ with no trivial copy-assignment
- #4980: Valgrind: Syscall param write(buf) points to uninitialised byte(s): Event_encrypter::encrypt_and_write()
- #4982: Valgrind: Syscall param io_submit(PWRITE) points to uninitialised byte(s): buf_dblwr_write_block_to_datafile()
- #4983: Valgrind: Syscall param io_submit(PWRITE) points to uninitialised byte(s): buf_flush_write_block_low()
- #4951: Many libc-related Valgrind errors on CentOS7
- #5012: Valgrind: misused UNIV_MEM_ALLOC after ut_zalloc_nokey
- #4908: UBSan and valgrind errors with encrypted temporary files
- #4532: Replace obsolete HAVE_purify with HAVE_VALGRIND in ha_rocksdb.cc
- #4955: Backport mysqld fixes for valgrind warnings from 8.0
- #4529: MTR: index_merge_rocksdb2 inadvertently tests InnoDB instead of MyRocks
- #5056: handle_fatal_signal (sig=11) in ha_tokudb::write_row
- #5084: innodb_buffer_pool_size is an uninitialized variable
- #4836: Missing PFS signed variable aggregation
- #5033: rocksdb.show_engine: Result content mismatch
- #5034: rocksdb.rocksdb: Result content mismatch
- #5035: rocksdb.show_table_status: 1051: Unknown table ‘db_new’