Percona Server 5.7.22-22
Percona is glad to announce the release of Percona Server 5.7.22-22
on May 31, 2018. Downloads are available here and from the Percona Software Repositories.
This release is based on MySQL 5.7.22 and includes all the bug fixes in it. Percona Server 5.7.22-22 is now the current GA
(Generally Available) release in the 5.7 series.
All software developed by Percona is open-source and free.
- A new
--encrypt-tmp-files option turns on encryption for the temporary
files which Percona Server may create on disk for filesort, binary log
transactional caches and Group Replication caches.
- Executing the
SHOW GLOBAL STATUS expression could cause “data drift” on
global status variables in case of a query rollback: the variable, being by
its nature a counter and allowing only an increase, could return to its
previous value. Bug fixed #3951 (upstream #90351).
- NUMA support was improved in Percona Server, reverting upstream implementation back to the original one, due to upstream variant being less effective in memory allocation. Now innodb_numa_interleave variable not only enables NUMA interleave memory policy for the InnoDB buffer pool allocation, but forces NUMA interleaved allocation at the buffer pool initialization time. Bug fixed #3967.
audit_log_include_accounts variable did not take effect if
my.cnf configuration file, while still working as intended if
set dynamically. Bug fixed #3867.
key_block_size value was set automatically by the Improved MEMORY
Storage Engine, which resulted in warnings when changing the engine type to
InnoDB, and constantly growing
key_block_size during alter operations.
Bugs fixed #3936, #3940, and #3943.
- Fixes were introduced to remove GCC 8 compilation warnings for the
Percona Server build. Bug fixed #3950.
- An InnoDB Memcached Plugin code clean-up was backported from MySQL 8.0. Bug
- Percona Server could not be built with
-DWITH_LZ4=system option on
Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty) because of too old LZ4 packages. Bug fixed
- A regression brought during TokuDB code clean-up in
causing assertion in cases when the FT layer returns an error during an alter
table operation. Bug fixed #4294.
MyRocks Changes and Fixes
UPDATE statements were returning incorrect results because of not making
a full table scan on tables with unique secondary index. Bug fixed
#4495 (upstream facebook/mysql-5.6#830).
Other Bugs Fixed
- #4451 “Implement better compression algo testing”
- #4469 “variable use out of scope bug in get_last_key test detected by
ASAN in clang 6”
- #4470 “the cachetable-simple-pin-nonblocking-cheap test occasionally
fails due to a locking conflict with the cachetable evictor”
- #4488 “-Werror is always disabled for innodb_memcached“
- #1114 “Assertion `inited == INDEX’ failed”
- #1130 “RBR Replication with concurrent XA in READ-COMMITTED takes
supremum pseudo-records and breaks replication”