Percona Server 5.7.22-22¶
This release is based on MySQL 5.7.22 and includes all the bug fixes in it. Percona Server 5.7.22-22 is now the current GA (Generally Available) release in the 5.7 series.
All software developed by Percona is open-source and free.
- A new
--encrypt-tmp-filesoption turns on encryption for the temporary files which Percona Server may create on disk for filesort, binary log transactional caches and Group Replication caches.
- Executing the
SHOW GLOBAL STATUSexpression could cause “data drift” on global status variables in case of a query rollback: the variable, being by its nature a counter and allowing only an increase, could return to its previous value. Bug fixed #3951 (upstream #90351).
- NUMA support was improved in Percona Server, reverting upstream implementation back to the original one, due to upstream variant being less effective in memory allocation. Now innodb_numa_interleave variable not only enables NUMA interleave memory policy for the InnoDB buffer pool allocation, but forces NUMA interleaved allocation at the buffer pool initialization time. Bug fixed #3967.
audit_log_include_accountsvariable did not take effect if placed in
my.cnfconfiguration file, while still working as intended if set dynamically. Bug fixed #3867.
key_block_sizevalue was set automatically by the Improved MEMORY Storage Engine, which resulted in warnings when changing the engine type to InnoDB, and constantly growing
key_block_sizeduring alter operations. Bugs fixed #3936, #3940, and #3943.
- Fixes were introduced to remove GCC 8 compilation warnings for the Percona Server build. Bug fixed #3950.
- An InnoDB Memcached Plugin code clean-up was backported from MySQL 8.0. Bug fixed #4506.
- Percona Server could not be built with
-DWITH_LZ4=systemoption on Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty) because of too old LZ4 packages. Bug fixed #3842.
- A regression brought during TokuDB code clean-up in
5.7.21-21was causing assertion in cases when the FT layer returns an error during an alter table operation. Bug fixed #4294.
MyRocks Changes and Fixes¶
Other Bugs Fixed¶
- #4451 “Implement better compression algo testing”
- #4469 “variable use out of scope bug in get_last_key test detected by ASAN in clang 6”
- #4470 “the cachetable-simple-pin-nonblocking-cheap test occasionally fails due to a locking conflict with the cachetable evictor”
- #4488 “`-Werror` is always disabled for `innodb_memcached`”
- #1114 “Assertion `inited == INDEX’ failed”
- #1130 “RBR Replication with concurrent XA in READ-COMMITTED takes supremum pseudo-records and breaks replication”