Percona Server 5.7.20-19¶
This release is based on MySQL 5.7.20 and includes all the bug fixes in it. Percona Server 5.7.20-19 is now the current GA (Generally Available) release in the 5.7 series. All software developed by Percona is open-source and free. Details of this release can be found in the 5.7.20-19 milestone on Launchpad.
- Now MyRocks Storage Engine has General Availability status.
- Binary log encryption has been implemented and can be now switched on using
innodb_print_lock_wait_timeout_infovariable, introduced in previous release, but undocumented, allows to log information about all lock wait timeout errors.
- Intermediary slave with Blackhole storage engine couldn’t record updates
from master to its own binary log in case master has
binlog_rows_query_log_eventsoption enabled. Bug fixed #1722789 (upstream #88057).
- Help command command in the mysql command line client provided a link to an older version of the Percona Server manual. Bug fixed #1708073.
- A regression in the
mysqld_safescript forced it to print an extra error when stopping the MySQL service. Bugs fixed #1738742.
- Blackhole storage engine was incompatible with newer length limit of the InnoDB index key prefixes. Bug fixed #1733049 (upstream #53588).
- Heartbeats received by slave were reacted with
mysql.slave_master_infotable sync on each of them even with
sync_master_infoset to zero, causing huge increase in write load. Bug fixed #1708033 (upstream #85158).
- The replication writebatch functionality has been removed from Percona Server 5.7 due to unsafety of the current implementation.
rocksdb_getupdatessince_callswere renamed to