Based on MySQL 5.5.27, including all the bug fixes in it, Percona Server 5.5.27-29.0 is now the current stable release in the 5.5 series. All of Percona‘s software is open-source and free, all the details of the release can be found in the 5.5.27-29.0 milestone at Launchpad.
- Fixed server assertion error related to buffer pool, only visible in debug builds. Bug fixed #905334 (Stewart Smith).
- Fix for bug #978036 introduced the
innodb_sys_stats_root_pagedebugging option (only present in debug builds), rendering the previously-existing innodb_sys_stats option its prefix. As such, it became unsettable from command line. Fixed by renaming
innodb_persistent_stats_root_page. Bug fixed #1013644 (Laurynas Biveinis).
- Multiple adaptive hash index partitions would cause overly large hash index. Fixed by changing the way partition sizes are calculated initially. Bug fixed #1018264 (George Ormond Lorch III).
- Postfix would crash on CentOS/RHEL 6.x when using shared dependency (
libmysqlclient.so). Fixed by building packages with OpenSSL support rather than the bundled YaSSL library. Bug fixed #1028240 (Ignacio Nin).
- Fixed the issue where LRU dump would hold LRU_list_mutex during the entire dump process. Now the mutex is periodically released in order not to block server while the dump is in progress. Bug fixed #686534 (George Ormond Lorch III).
expire_logs_dayswas broken by group_commit patch introduced in Percona Server
5.5.18-23.0. Bug fixed #1006214 (Stewart Smith).
- Fixed issue where
innodb_blocking_lru_restoredid not take an optional bool argument similar to other bool options. Bug fixed #881001 (George Ormond Lorch III).
- The binlog shouldn’t be rotated while it contains XA transactions in the PREPARED state. Bug fixed #1036040 (Stewart Smith).
- Flashcache support resulted in confusing messages in the error log on Percona Server startup even when flashcache was not used. This was fixed by adding new boolean option
flashcache. When set to 0 (default), flashcache checks are disabled and when set to 1 checks are enabled. Error message has been made more verbose including error number and system error message as well. Bug fixed #747032 (Sergei Glushchenko).
- Custom server builds would crash when compiled with a non-default maximum number of indexes per table. Upstream MySQL bugs: #54127, #61178, #61179 and #61180. Bug fixed #1042517 (Sergei Glushchenko).
For general inquiries, please send us your question and someone will contact you.