Percona Server 5.5.25a-27.1¶
Based on MySQL 5.5.25a, including all the bug fixes in it, Percona Server 5.5.25a-27.1 is now the current stable release in the 5.5 series. All of Percona‘s software is open-source and free, all the details of the release can be found in the 5.5.25a-27.1 milestone at Launchpad.
- Percona Server has extended standard behavior of variable
secure-file-priv. When used with no argument, the LOAD_FILE() function will always return NULL. The LOAD DATA INFILE and SELECT INTO OUTFILE statements will fail with the following error: “The MySQL server is running with the
--secure-file-privoption so it cannot execute this statement”. LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE is not affected by the
--secure-file-privoption and will still work when it’s used without an argument.
- Percona Server now uses thread based profiling by default, instead of process based profiling. This was implemented because with process based profiling, threads on the server, other than the one being profiled, can affect the profiling information.
- Percona Server 5.5.24 would crash if userstats were enabled with any replication configured. This was a regression introduced with ssl connections count in statistics tables in Percona Server
5.5.24-26.0. Bug fixed #1008278 (Vladislav Lesin).
- PAM authentication plugin was in different directories in 32bit and 64bit binary tarballs. Bug fixed #1007271 (Ignacio Nin).
- Querying I_S.GLOBAL_TEMPORARY_TABLES or TEMPORARY_TABLES would crash threads working with temporary tables. Bug fixed #951588 (Laurynas Biveinis).
- mysqld crash message wasn’t pointing to Percona Server bugtracker. Bug fixed #1007254 (Vadim Tkachenko).
- If the tablespace has been created with MySQL 5.0 or older, importing that table could crash Percona Server in some cases. Bug fixed #1000221 (Alexey Kopytov).
- Server started with
skip-innodbcrashes on SELECT * FROM INNODB_TABLE_STATS or INNODB_INDEX_STATS. Bug fixed #896439 (Stewart Smith).
- Fixed typo for
log_slow_verbosityin the code. Bug fixed #987737 (Stewart Smith).
- Removed some patch-based source code management leftovers from the bzr branch migration. Bug fixed #988383 (Stewart Smith).
- Fixed upstream mysql bug #60743, typo in cmake/dtrace.cmake that was making dtrace unusable. Bug fixed #1013455 (Stewart Smith).