Percona Server 5.5.11-20.2 is a stable release.
- HandlerSocket, a NoSQL plugin for MySQL, has been updated to the latest stable version as April 11th, 2011.
- InnoDB Fast Index Creation now works with mysqldump, ALTER TABLE and OPTIMIZE TABLE. (Alexey Kopytov)
Variable innodb_extra_rsegments was removed because the equivalent, innodb_rollback_segments, has been implemented in MySQL 5.5. (Yasufumi Kinoshita)
- Bug #757749 - Using ALTER TABLE to convert an InnoDB table to a MEMORY table could fail due to a bug in the Fast Index Creation patch. (Alexey Kopytov)
- Bug #764395 - InnoDB crashed with an assertion failure when receiving a signal on pwrite(). The problem was that InnoDB I/O code was not fully conforming to the standard on POSIX systems. Calls to fsync(), pread(), and pwrite() can be interrupted by a signal. In such cases, InnoDB would crash with an assertion failure, rather than just restarting the interrupted call. (Alexey Kopytov)
- Bug #766236 - A crash was occurring in some cases when innodb_lazy_drop_table was enabled with very large buffer pools. (Yasufumi Kinoshita)
- Bug #733317 - SYS_STATS internal table of XtraDB has been expanded for supporting innodb_stats_method from InnoDB -plugin. (Yasufumi Kinoshita)
The version of Percona XtraDB shown in logs is not correct. The actual version is 1.1.6-20.2 (instead of 1.1.6-20.1).
For general inquiries, please send us your question and someone will contact you.