Percona Server 5.1.62-13.3¶
Percona is glad to announce the release of Percona Server 5.1.62-13.3 on April 24th, 2012 (Downloads are available from Percona Server 5.1.62-13.3 downloads and from the Percona Software Repositories).
Based on MySQL 5.1.62, including all the bug fixes in it, Percona Server 5.1.62-13.3 is now the current stable release in the 5.1 series. All of Percona‘s software is open-source and free, all the details of the release can be found in the 5.1.62-13.3 milestone at Launchpad.
This release doesn’t hold the bug fix for MySQL bug #48848 for 32-bit Percona Server release.
New option rewrite-db has been added to the mysqlbinlog utility that allows the changing names of the used databases in both Row-Based and Statement-Based replication. This was possible before by using tools like grep, awk and sed but only for SBR, because with RBR database name is encoded within the BINLOG ‘....’ statement.
- Dependency issues for libmysqlclient*-dev package(s) on Debian. Bug fixed #656933 (Ignacio Nin).
- Fixed MySQL bug #64469 that caused MySQL server hanging (sometimes crashing) when a TRUNCATE TABLE is done together with selecting data over same table from information_schema. Bug fixed #903617 (Sergei Glushchenko).
- Fixed MySQL bug #49336, mysqlbinlog couldn’t handle stdin when “|” used. Bug fixed #933969 (Sergei Glushchenko).
- Fixed MySQL bug #64127, “mysql-test-run.pl” didn’t expect InnoDB errors and warnings in the format “InnoDB: ERROR” and “InnoDB: WARNING” with all-uppercase “ERROR” and “WARNING”. Bug fixed #937859 (Laurynas Biveinis).
- Dependency issue while installing libmysqlclient15-dev on Ubuntu systems. Bug fixed #803151 (Ignacio Nin).
- Removed auto-generated file in 5.1 branch. Bug fixed #917290 (Ignacio Nin).
- MySQL 5.0 does not flag BEGIN/SAVEPOINT/COMMIT/ROLLBACK statements in its binlogs with LOG_EVENT_SUPPRESS_USE_F like 5.1+ does. This causes unnecessary use statements around such statements when the binlog is dumped by mysqlbinlog. Fixed by always suppressing the output of use for these statements. Bug fixed #929521 (Oleg Tsarev).