Percona Server 5.1.56-12.7 is now the current stable release in the 5.1 series. It is is based on MySQL 5.1.56.
- Expanded the applicability of InnoDB Fast Index Creation to mysqldump, ALTER TABLE and OPTIMIZE TABLE. (Alexey Kopytov)
- Variable innodb_stats_method has been implemented in the upstream InnoDB, with the same name and functionality that had previously existed only in XtraDB. (Yasufumi Kinoshita)
- Implemented support for variable innodb_stats_method being implemented in the upstream InnoDB, including adding a column to table INNODB_SYS_STATS. Bug fixed: #733317. (Yasufumi Kinoshita)
- Added README-windows with basic command to build under Windows, VC 2010 Express. (Vadim Tkachenko)
- Added helper script README-Solaris for building on Solaris. (Vadim Tkachenko)
- Changes were made to the post-install messages. (Ignacio Nin)
- Bug #631667 - The MySQL binary is now built with readline support so that command line browsing is possible. (Ignacio Nin)
- Bug #716575 - When using the innodb_import_table_from_xtrabackup feature, importing .ibd files smaller than 1 MB could lead to a server crash. (Yasufumi Kinoshita)
- Bug #727704 - When using the Expand Table Import feature, importing .ibd files created on MySQL 5.0 or Percona Server versions prior to 5.1.7 could crash the server. (Yasufumi Kinoshita)
- Bug #735423 - File ownerships and permissions are now changed after running mysql_install_db after installation or upgrade, in order to avoid “permission denied” error when starting mysqld. (Aleksandr Kuzminsky)
- MySQL bugs 56433 and 51325 - These MySQL bugs have been fixed in Percona Server. (Yasufumi Kinoshita)
For general inquiries, please send us your question and someone will contact you.