Installing Percona Server for MongoDB¶
Percona Server for MongoDB supports most 64-bit Linux distributions. Percona provides packages for popular DEB-based and RPM-based distributions:
- Debian 8 (“jessie”)
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (Trusty Tahr)
- Ubuntu 15.10 (Wily Werewolf)
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (Xenial Xerus)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux / CentOS 5
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux / CentOS 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux / CentOS 7
It is recommended to install Percona Server for MongoDB from official Percona repositories using the corresponding tool for your system:
- Install using apt if you are running Debian or Ubuntu
- Install using yum if you are running Red Hat Enterprise Linux or CentOS
You can also download packages from the Percona website and install them manually using dpkg or rpm.
If you want more control, you can install Percona Server for MongoDB from binary tarballs.
If you are currently using MongoDB 3.0, see Upgrading from MongoDB.
If you are currently using Percona TokuMX, see Upgrading from Percona TokuMX.
If you want to use Percona Server for MongoDB in a Docker container, refer to the following example procedure for building a Docker image with MongoDB: https://docs.docker.com/examples/mongodb/.