Percona Server for MongoDB 3.0 Documentation¶
Percona Server for MongoDB is a free, enhanced, fully compatible, open source, drop-in replacement for MongoDB 3.0 Community Edition with enterprise-grade features. It requires no changes to MongoDB applications or code.
Percona Server for MongoDB provides:
- MongoDB’s original MMAPv1 storage engine as the default, and WiredTiger as an alternative
- Optional PerconaFT and MongoRocks storage engines
- Percona TokuBackup for creating dynamic backups while data remains fully accessible and writable (hot backup)
- External SASL authentication using OpenLDAP or Active Directory
- Audit logging to track and query database interactions of users or applications
MongoRocks is currently considered experimental.