Percona PAM authentication plugin for MySQL Release Notes
General availability (GA)
Percona is pleased to announce that Percona’s PAM Authentication plugin for MySQL has been merged to Percona Server 5.5.24-26.0 on June 1st, 2012. With this release PAM Authentication plugin became GA. Further information on how to install and use the plugin can be found in the Percona Server documentation.
- Percona is pleased to announce availability of an early access version of Percona’s PAM Authentication plugin for MySQL on December 5th, 2011. This plugin supports MySQL-5.5.x, Percona Server 5.5.x and MariaDB 5.2.x. The PAM Authentication plugin can be used for:
- MySQL authentication using operating system users (pam_unix)
- MySQL authentication from LDAP server (pam_ldap)
- authentication against RSA SecurID server
- any other authentication methods that provides access via PAM
Percona PAM Authentication Plugin for MySQL is fully open source, free of charge and can be used on an unlimited amount of servers.