2018-02-05: version 1.1.8¶
- Add MySQL 5.7 support
- Changed canary check to use timestamp.now() and return a timedelta.seconds
- Remove an additional condition for the Dictionary memory allocated
- Fixed a false-positive problem when the calculated delay was less than 0 and the -m was not set.
- Fixed the problem where slaves would alert due to deadlocks on the master.
- If using pt-heartbeat, get_slave_status was only called when the -s option is set to MASTER
- Disabled UNK alerts by default (it is possible to enable them explicitly).
- A fix was added for MySQL Multi-Source replication.
- The graph Percona InnoDB Memory Allocation showed zeroes for the metrics Total memory (data source item nl) and Dictionary memory (data source item nm) when used for MySQL 5.7.18, because the syntax of SHOW ENGINE INNODB STATUS has changed in MySQL 5.7 (see https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/innodb-standard-monitor.html).
- The graph Percona InnoDB I/O Pending showed NaN for the metrics Pending Log Writes (data source item hn) and Pending Chkp Writes (data source item hk) when used for MySQL 5.7.18, because the syntax of SHOW ENGINE INNODB STATUS has changed in MySQL 5.7 (see https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/innodb-standard-monitor.html).
- Added server @@hostname as a possible match to avoid DNS lookups whilst allowing hostname-match.
2016-12-09: version 1.1.7¶
- New Nagios script pmp-check-mongo.py for MongoDB.
- Added MySQL socket and flag options to Cacti php script.
- Added disk volume check on “Mounted on” in addition to “Filesystem” to Cacti php script to allow monitoring of tmpfs mounts.
- Allow delayed slave to have SQL thread stopped on pmp-check-mysql-replication-delay check.
- Fix for –unconfigured flag of pmp-check-mysql-replication-delay.
- Fix for max_duration check of pmp-check-mysql-innodb when system and MySQL timezones mismatch.
- Fix rare nrpe broken pipe error on pmp-check-unix-memory check.
- Updated package spec files.
2016-01-12: version 1.1.6¶
- Added new RDS instance classes to RDS scripts.
- Added boto profile support to RDS scripts.
- Added AWS region support and ability to specify all regions to RDS scripts.
- Added ability to set AWS region and boto profile on data source level in Cacti.
- Added period, average time and debug options to pmp-check-aws-rds.py.
- Added ability to override Nginx server status URL path on data source level in Cacti.
- Made Memcached and Redis host configurable for Cacti script.
- Added the ability to lookup the master’s server_id when using pt-heartbeat with pmp-check-mysql-replication-delay.
- Changed how memory stats are collected by Cacti script and pmp-check-unix-memory. Now /proc/meminfo is parsed instead of running free command. This also fixes pmp-check-unix-memory for EL7.
- Set default MySQL connect timeout to 5s for Cacti script. Can be overridden in the config.
- Fixed innodb transactions count on the Cacti graph for MySQL 5.6 and higher.
- Fixed –login-path option in Nagios scripts when using it along with other credential options.
Thanks to contributors: David Andruczyk, Denis Baklikov, Mischa ter Smitten, Mitch Hagstrand.
2015-06-22: version 1.1.5¶
- Added more DB instance classes to pmp-check-aws-rds.py (issue 1398911)
- Added configurable query period and average time to pmp-check-aws-rds.py (issue 1436943)
- Added region support to pmp-check-aws-rds.py (issue 1442980)
- Added an option to alert when server is not configured as replica to pmp-check-mysql-replication-delay (issue 1357017)
- Added an option to specify master connection to monitor MariaDB multi-source replication
- Improved usage of lock-free SHOW SLAVE STATUS query (issue 1380690)
- Fixed reporting of slave lag in ss_get_mysql_stats.php (issue 1389769)
2014-07-21: version 1.1.4¶
- Added login-path support to Nagios plugins with MySQL client 5.6 (bug 1338549)
- Added a new threshold option for delayed slaves to pmp-check-mysql-replication-delay (bug 1318280)
- Added delayed slave support to pmp-check-mysql-replication-running (bug 1332082)
- Updated Nagios plugins and Cacti script to leverage lock-free SHOW SLAVE STATUS in Percona Server (bug 1297442)
- Fixed pmp-check-mysql-replication-delay integer-float issue with MariaDB and MySQL 5.6 (bugs 1245934, 1295795)
- ss_get_rds_stats.py was not installed with 755 permissions from the package (bug 1316943)
- Cacti MySQL template item “handler_savepoint_rollback” was GAUGE type instead of DERIVE (bug 1334173)
- Fixed Zabbix running-slave check issue on some Debian systems (bug 1310723)
- Fixed paths in percona-cacti-templates package (bug 1349564)
2014-03-21: version 1.1.3¶
- Introduced more secure location of PHP script configs to harden a Cacti setup (bug #1295006)
- Addressed CVE-2014-2569
2014-03-14: version 1.1.2¶
- Added Nagios plugin and Cacti template for Amazon RDS
- Added Nagios config template to the documentation
- Added an option to pmp-check-pt-table-checksum to check MAX(ts) of latest checksum
- Added generic Nagios plugin for PT tables
- Extended pmp-check-mysql-processlist with max user connections check
- Zabbix MySQL.running-slave item failed with MySQL 5.6 (bug 1272358)
- ss_get_mysql_stats and MariaDB does not use have_response_time_distribution (bug 1285888)
- Cacti Monitoring plugins and SNMP via TCP (bug 1268552)
2013-12-30: version 1.1.1¶
- Cacti mysql graphs stop working with data input field “server-id” after 1.1 upgrade (bug 1264814)
- Non-integer poller errors for MySQL Query Response Time (bug 1264353)
2013-12-16: version 1.1¶
- Added MySQL template for Zabbix 2.0.x (first release)
- Added FreeBSD support to Nagios plugins, partially rewritten pmp-check-unix-memory (bugs 1249575, 1244081)
- Added new options to ss_get_mysql_stats.php to better support pt-heartbeat (bugs 1253125, 1253130)
- ss_get_mysql_stats.php script was opening multiple connections to the server (bug 1255371)
- sql query for idle_blocker_duraction check in pmp-check-mysql-innodb did not conform sql mode of ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY (bug #1240417)
2013-10-02: version 1.0.5¶
- Added mysql-ca option to ss_get_mysql_stats.php (bug 1213857)
- Added user info to the idle_blocker_duration check of pmp-check-mysql-innodb (bug 1215317)
- Extended pmp-check-mysql-processlist with more locking states (bug 1213859)
- ss_get_mysql_stats.php did not work with custom mysql port (bug 1213862)
- ss_get_mysql_stats.php silently failed when a query returns too many rows (bug 1225070)
- Wrong description of percona-cacti-templates deb package (bug 1217782)
2013-07-22: version 1.0.4¶
- Added Galera/MySQL Monitoring Template for Cacti
- Added “Disk Read/Write Time per IO Request (ms)” graph
- Added “MySQL InnoDB Buffer Pool Efficiency” graph
- Switched ss_get_mysql_stats.php to PHP MySQLi extension and made it working with SSL (bug 1193097)
- Added user info to the max_duration check of pmp-check-mysql-innodb plugin (bug 1185513)
- ss_get_mysql_stats.php default values for ‘$status’ array were null instead of 0 (bug 1070268)
- Introduction of innodb_read_views_memory overrode the InnoDB total memory allocated output in Cacti (bug 1188519)
- ss_get_by_ssh.php parsed MongoDB counters incorrectly when replica is set (bug 1087073)
- Cacti graph “Redis Unsaved Changes” was empty for Redis 2.6 (bug 1110372)
- Comparison of status variables that are strings didn’t work with pmp-check-mysql-status (bug 1191305)
- pmp-check-mysql-processlist always showed 0 for “copy to table” counter (bug 1197084)
- percona-nagios-plugins package failed to install on Debian Squeeze when debsums is installed (bug 1194757)
2013-04-17: version 1.0.3¶
- MySQL 5.6 compatibility for InnoDB graphs (bug 1124292)
- Added performance data to Nagios plugins (bugs 1090145, 1102687)
- Added UTC option to pmp-check-mysql-replication-delay to be compatible with pt-hearbeat 2.1.8+ (bug 1103364)
- Added 1-second granularity to pmp-check-mysql-deadlocks (bug 1154774)
- Added package install/update instructions and other documentation updates (bugs 1139652, 1124200, 1015981)
- Updated documentation with the new Cacti sample images
- Updated “Network Traffic” to be blue and green and to show bits/sec (bug 1132900)
- Extended “MySQL Threads” graph with all kind of threads (bug 1157911)
- Some Cacti single-item graphs were broken due to cacti hexadecimal transformation (bug 1155513)
- Memcached graphs were broken when the wrong arguments for nc command are passed (bug 1155712)
- ss_get_by_ssh.php didn’t gather mongodb stats without SSH (bug 1050537)
- ss_get_by_ssh.php didn’t timeout commands that hang (bug 1160611)
- pmp-check-file-privs didn’t throw the proper error on directory permissions issue (bug 1024001)
- pmp-check-mysql-replication-running reported OK when a slave is in “Connecting” state (bug 1089506)
Update note: Cacti templates have to be re-imported together with the updating of ss_get_*.php scripts. Then make sure you rebuilt the poller cache under Cacti -> System Utilities. Also the following Cacti graphs need to be recreated: MySQL “MySQL Threads”, Linux “Network Traffic”.
2013-02-15: version 1.0.2¶
- Created Debian and RPM packages
- Added “Disk IOPS” graph to Cacti Linux Templates
- Added an option to pmp-check-unix-memory to disable overriding the status based on the largest process in memory (bug 1052368)
- Added ‘!=’ comparison operator to pmp-check-mysql-status (bug 1048627)
- pmp-check-mysql-replication-delay didn’t alert if second behing master is NULL (bug 1040528)
- pmp-check-pt-table-checksum reported OK when checksums table does not exist (bug 1114425)
- pmp-check-pt-table-checksum threw “Bad substitution” error on Debian (bug 1071802)
- Minor updates to the documentation (bugs 1021855, 1014814, 1125233)
2012-06-12: version 1.0.1¶
- Cacti debug logs had a 12-hour timestamp instead of 24-hour (bug 973320).
- Nagios checks didn’t remove temporary files on some platforms (bug 977514).
- Nagios plugins didn’t use enough XXX in mktemp patterns (bug 2022766).
- Nagios check for deleted files didn’t return 0 on success (bug 1009751).
- Nagios check for long-running txns didn’t show thread ID (bug 1011625).
2012-04-02: version 1.0.0¶
- Load average was 15-minute instead of 1-minute (bug 968604).
- MySQL connection errors weren’t logged (bug 958782).
- The pmp-check-mysql-deadlocks referred to pt-heartbeat (bug 934255).
- HTTP status was not fetched correctly when $use_ssh was disabled (bug 937017).
- MongoDB didn’t support –port2 (bug 937018).
- Percona Server response time graph didn’t tolerate <> 14 rows (bug 954118).
- The release tarball had an extra directory (bug 934227).
- pmp-check-mysql-status didn’t remove one of its temp files (bug 959425).
2012-02-16: version 0.9.0¶
- Initial release. Not backwards compatible with Better Cacti Templates.