Percona Monitoring and Management 2.13.0
|Date:||December 29, 2020|
|Installation:||Installing Percona Monitoring and Management|
Percona Monitoring and Management (PMM) is a free and open-source platform for managing and monitoring MySQL, MongoDB, and PostgreSQL performance.
Ability to monitor SSL-enabled MongoDB
Allows PMM administrators to set up configured SSL certificate “keys” to authenticate the connection to PMM, specifically for setting up MongoDB. This is a critical security requirement especially in large enterprise infrastructure environments.
Note: We do not recommend the use of technical preview features in enterprise or production environments until the functionality is released as general availability (GA). While in Technical Preview status, these features are not supported by Percona Support SLA, except by Product/Engineering on a best-efforts basis.
Integrated Alerting MVP
A new feature in PMM to set up parameters and revive alerts about the Services and Nodes monitored by PMM.
Node Summary/Nodes Overview dashboards: Show External services on dashboards
Improves the user experience for adding and viewing external services on the Node Summary dashboard of PMM. External services means any data that can be monitored by a Prometheus exporter, for example, non-Percona supported databases like Redis, ElasticSearch, Cassandra, etc. or an organization’s external application.
DBaaS Preview phase 1.0
We are also releasing the first preview of DBaaS functionality; when combined with a compatible Kubernetes environment and Percona Operators, you can create Percona XtraDB or MongoDB clusters with just a few clicks. (Read more about configuration and usage.)
- PMM-5364: Ability to monitor SSL-enabled MongoDB by passing certificate parameters in ‘pmm-admin add’ command (Thanks to Hubertus Krogmann for reporting this issue)
- PMM-7086: Re-mapped /prometheus/
to /victoriametrics/ but created aliases for users that still rely on the /prometheus/ in bookmarks and scripts (Thanks to Daniel Guzman Burgos for reporting this issue)
- PMM-6713: Node Summary/Nodes Overview dashboards: External exporters can now be added to dashboard and shown as part of grouping of a broader service
- PMM-7173: VictoriaMetrics updated to v1.50.2: Includes HTML pages vs JSON output and new functions available for alerting rules (see all tags)
- PMM-7054: ProxySQL Instance Summary dashboard: no Node Metrics
- PMM-7092: PMM Server Docker update from 2.11.1 to 2.12.0 leaves container in unhealthy state (Thanks to Hubertus Krogmann for reporting this issue)
- PMM-7208: Confusing “Access denied” message for ‘Viewer’ users on many dashboards
- PMM-6987: No IP address shown in log file of OVF appliance running in headless mode
- PMM-7146: MongoDB Instance Summary dashboard: ReplSet element showing metric name instead of replication set
- PMM-6992: Administrators can’t see user’s actual IP address in Grafana profile-Preferences-Sessions
- PMM-6865: Rendered dashboard images partly obscured by error message
- Page updated 2021-01-13