The Prometheus dashboard shows how Prometheus is performing.
This section shows the most essential parameters of the system where Prometheus is running, such as CPU and memory usage, scrapes performed and the samples ingested in the head block.
This section provides details about the consumption of CPU and memory by the Prometheus process. This section contains the following metrics:
- Prometheus Process CPU Usage
- Prometheus Process Memory Usage
- Disk Space Utilization
Storage (TSDB) Overview¶
This section includes a collection of metrics related to the usage of storage. It includes the following metrics:
- Data blocks (Number of currently loaded data blocks)
- Total chunks in the head block
- Number of series in the head block
- Current retention period of the head block
- Activity with chunks in the head block
- Reload block data from disk
This section contains metrics that help monitor the scraping process. This section contains the following metrics:
- Prometheus Targets
- Scraped Target by Job
- Scrape Time by Job
- Scraped Target by Instance
- Scraped Time by Instance
- Scrapes by Target Frequency
- Scrape Frequency Versus Target
- Scraping Time Drift
- Prometheus Scrape Interval Variance
- Slowest Jobs
- Largest Samples Jobs
This section contains metrics that monitor Prometheus queries. This section contains the following metrics:
- Prometheus Queries
- Prometheus Query Execution
- Prometheus Query Execution Latency
- Prometheus Query Execution Load
Metrics in this section help detect network problems.
- HTTP Requests by Handler
- HTTP Errors
- HTTP Avg Response time by Handler
- HTTP 99% Percentile Response time by Handler
- HTTP Response Average Size by Handler
- HTTP 99% Percentile Response Size
Time Series Information¶
This section shows the top 10 metrics by time series count and the top 10 hosts by time series count.
System Level Metrics¶
Metrics in this section give an overview of the essential system characteristics of PMM Server. This information is also available from the Nodes Overview dashboard.
PMM Server Logs¶
This section contains a link to download the logs collected from your PMM Server and further analyze possible problems. The exported logs are requested when you submit a bug report.