NUMA Overview Dashboard
For each node, this dashboard shows metrics related to Non-uniform memory access (NUMA).
Users who already have General system metrics service monitored and would like to add NUMA metrics need to remove and re-add
linux:metrics on the node:
pmm-admin remove linux:metrics pmm-admin add linux:metrics
Remotes over time the total, used, and free memory.
Shows the free memory as the ratio to the total available memory.
- Memory waiting to be written back to disk
- Memory used for block device bounce buffers
- Files which have been mapped, such as libraries
KernelStack The memory the kernel stack uses. This is not reclaimable.
Memory successfully allocated on this node as intended.
Memory missed is allocated on a node despite the process preferring some different node.
Memory foreign is intended for a node, but actually allocated on some different node.
- Anonymous memory that has been used more recently and usually not swapped out.
- Anonymous memory that has not been used recently and can be swapped out.
Active(file) Pagecache memory that has been used more recently and usually not reclaimed until needed.
Inactive(file) Pagecache memory that can be reclaimed without huge performance impact.
Shmem Total used shared memory (shared between several processes, thus including RAM disks, SYS-V-IPC and BSD like SHMEM)
- Number of hugepages being allocated by the kernel (Defined with vm.nr_hugepages).
- The number of hugepages not being allocated by a process
- The number of hugepages in the pool above the value in vm.nr_hugepages. The maximum number of surplus hugepages is controlled by vm.nr_overcommit_hugepages.
Memory allocated on a node while a process was running on it.
Memory allocated on a node while a process was running on some other node.
- Allocation is a memory management mechanism intended for the efficient memory allocation of kernel objects.
- The part of the Slab that might be reclaimed (such as caches).
- The part of the Slab that can’t be reclaimed under memory pressure
- Page updated 2021-01-29