Submitting Bug Reports or Feature Requests¶
If you find a bug in Percona Backup for MongoDB, you can submit a report to the JIRA issue tracker for Percona Backup for MongoDB.
Start by searching the open tickets for a similar report. If you find that someone else has already reported your problem, then you can upvote that report to increase its visibility.
If there is no existing report, submit a report following these steps:
- Sign in to JIRA issue tracker. You will need to create an account if you do not have one.
- In the Summary, Description, Steps To Reproduce, Affects Version fields describe the problem you have detected. For PBM the important diagnostic information is: log files from the pbm-agents; a dump of the PBM control collections.
As a general rule of thumb, try to create bug reports that are:
- Reproducible: describe the steps to reproduce the problem.
- Specific: include the version of Percona Backup for MongoDB, your environment, and so on.
- Unique: check if there already exists a JIRA ticket to describe the problem.
- Scoped to a Single Bug: only report one bug in one JIRA ticket.