The Operator supports Percona XtraDB Cluster (PXC) 5.7 and 8.0.
caching_sha2_password authentication plugin which is default in 8.0
is not supported for the ProxySQL compatibility reasons. Therefore both PXC 5.7
and 8.0 are configured with
default_authentication_plugin = mysql_native_password.
Officially supported platforms¶
The following platforms are supported:
- OpenShift 3.11
- OpenShift 4.5
- Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) 1.15 - 1.17
- Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS) 1.15
- Minikube 1.10
Other Kubernetes platforms may also work but have not been tested.
A cluster running an officially supported platform contains at least three Nodes, with the following resources:
- 2GB of RAM,
- 2 CPU threads per Node for Pods provisioning,
- at least 60GB of available storage for Persistent Volumes provisioning.
The Operator is subsequent to specific platform limitations.
- Minikube doesn’t support multi-node cluster configurations because of its local nature, which is in collision with the default affinity requirements of the Operator. To arrange this, the Install Percona XtraDB Cluster on Minikube instruction includes an additional step which turns off the requirement of having not less than three Nodes.