Percona Kubernetes Operator for Percona XtraDB Cluster 1.3.0¶
Percona announces the Percona Kubernetes Operator for Percona XtraDB Cluster 1.3.0 release on January 6, 2020. This release is now the current GA release in the 1.3 series. Install the Kubernetes Operator for Percona XtraDB Cluster by following the instructions.
The Percona Kubernetes Operator for Percona XtraDB Cluster automates the lifecycle and provides a consistent Percona XtraDB Cluster instance. The Operator can be used to create a Percona XtraDB Cluster, or scale an existing Cluster and contains the necessary Kubernetes settings.
The Operator simplifies the deployment and management of the Percona XtraDB Cluster in Kubernetes-based environments. It extends the Kubernetes API with a new custom resource for deploying, configuring and managing the application through the whole life cycle.
The Operator source code is available in our Github repository. All of Percona’s software is open-source and free.
New features and improvements:
- CLOUD-412: Auto-Tuning of the MySQL Parameters based on Pod memory resources was implemented in the case of Percona XtraDB Cluster Pod limits (or at least Pod requests) specified in the cr.yaml file.
- CLOUD-411: Now the user can adjust securityContext, replacing the automatically generated securityContext with the customized one.
- CLOUD-394: The Percona XtraDB Cluster, ProxySQL, and backup images size decrease by 40-60% was achieved by removing unnecessary dependencies and modules to reduce the cluster deployment time.
- CLOUD-390: Helm chart for Percona Monitoring and Management (PMM) 2.0 has been provided.
- CLOUD-383: Affinity constraints and tolerations were added to the backup Pod
- CLOUD-430: Image URL in the CronJob Pod template is automatically updated when the Operator detects changed backup image URL
- CLOUD-462: Resource requests/limits were set not for all containers in a ProxySQL Pod
- CLOUD-437: Percona Monitoring and Management Client was taking resources definition from the Percona XtraDB Cluster despite having much lower need in resources, particularly lower memory footprint.
- CLOUD-434: Restoring Percona XtraDB Cluster was failing on the OpenShift platform with customized security settings
- CLOUD-399: The iputils package was added to the backup docker image to provide backup jobs with the ping command for a better network connection handling
- CLOUD-393: The Operator generated various StatefulSets in the first reconciliation cycle and in all subsequent reconciliation cycles, causing Kubernetes to trigger an unnecessary ProxySQL restart once during the cluster creation.
- CLOUD-376: A long-running SST caused the liveness probe check to fail it’s grace period timeout, resulting in an unrecoverable failure
- CLOUD-243: Using MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD with special characters in a ProxySQL docker image was breaking the entrypoint initialization process
Percona XtraDB Cluster is an open source, cost-effective and robust clustering solution for businesses. It integrates Percona Server for MySQL with the Galera replication library to produce a highly-available and scalable MySQL® cluster complete with synchronous multi-primary replication, zero data loss and automatic node provisioning using Percona XtraBackup.
Help us improve our software quality by reporting any bugs you encounter using our bug tracking system.