The Operator was developed and tested with Percona Server for MongoDB 3.6, 4.0, and 4.2. Other options may or may not work.
Also, the current PSMDB on Kubernetes implementation does not support Percona Server for MongoDB sharding.
Officially supported platforms
The following platforms are supported:
- OpenShift 3.11
- OpenShift 4.2
- Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) 1.13
- GKE 1.15
- Amazon Elastic Container Service for Kubernetes (EKS) 1.15
- Minikube 1.16
Other Kubernetes platforms may also work but have not been tested.
A cluster running an officially supported platform contains at least three Nodes, with the following resources:
- 2GB of RAM,
- 2 CPU threads per Node for Pods provisioning,
- at least 60GB of available storage for Private Volumes provisioning.
Use Storage Class with XFS as the default filesystem if possible
The Operator is subsequent to specific platform limitations.
- Minikube doesn’t support multi-node cluster configurations because of its local nature, which is in collision with the default affinity requirements of the Operator. To arrange this, the Install Percona Server for MongoDB on Minikube instruction includes an additional step which turns off the requirement of having not less than three Nodes.