Percona Monitoring and Management 1.17.0 (PMM) is a free and open-source platform for managing and monitoring MySQL, MongoDB, and PostgreSQL performance. You can run Percona Monitoring and Management 1.17.0 in your own environment for maximum security and reliability. It provides thorough time-based analysis for MySQL®, MongoDB®, and PostgreSQL® servers to ensure that your data works as efficiently as possible.
Although we patched a bug this release related to a Grafana CVE announcement, previous releases since 1.10 (April 2018) were not vulnerable, and we encourage you to see our Grafana CVE blog post for further details.
In this release, we made six improvements and fixed 11 bugs.
We updated five Dashboards with improved Tooltips – If you haven’t seen this before, hover your mouse over the icon in the top left of most graph elements, and you’ll see a new box appear. This box provides a brief description of what the graph displays, along with links to related documentation resources so you can learn further. We hope you find the content useful!
The Dashboards we’re updating are:
- MySQL Amazon Aurora Metrics
- MySQL MyISAM/Aria Metrics
- MySQL Replication
- Prometheus Exporters Overview
We hope you enjoy this release, and we welcome your feedback via the Percona PMM Forums!
New Features and Improvements
- PMM-3272: Adhere to Amazon naming standards for RDS – should be Amazon RDS
- PMM-2081: Implement Tooltips for Dashboard Prometheus_Exporters_Overview – credits to Corrado Pandiani for texts
- PMM-1363: Implement Tooltips for Dashboard MySQL_Amazon_Aurora_Metrics – credits to Corrado Pandiani for texts
- PMM-1359: Implement Tooltips for Dashboard Trends_Dashboard – credits to Corrado Pandiani for texts
- PMM-1357: Implement Tooltips for Dashboard MySQL_Replication – credits to Corrado Pandiani for texts
- PMM-1348: Implement Tooltips for Dashboard MySQL_MyISAM/Aria_Metrics – credits to Alexander Rubin for texts
- PMM-3257: Grafana Security patch for CVE-2018-19039
- PMM-3252: Update button in 1.16 is not visible when a newer version exists
- PMM-3209: Special symbols in username or password prevent the addition of Remote Instances
- PMM-2837: Image Rendering Does not work due to absent Phantom.JS binary
- PMM-2428: Remove Host=All on dashboards where this variable does not apply
- PMM-2294: No changes in zoomed out Cluster Size Graph if the node was absent for a short time
- PMM-2289: SST Time Graph based on the wrong formula
- PMM-2192: Memory leak in ProxySQL_Exporter when ProxySQL is down
- PMM-2158: MongoDB “Query Efficiency – Document” arithmetic appears to be incorrectly calculated
- PMM-1837: System Info shows duplicate hosts
- PMM-1805: Available Downtime before SST Required doesn’t seem to be accurate – thanks to and Yves Trudeau for help
How to get PMM Server
PMM is available for installation using three methods:
- Docker Hub –
docker pull percona/pmm-server– Documentation
- AWS Marketplace – Documentation
- Open Virtualization Format (OVF) – Documentation
Help us improve our software quality by reporting any Percona Monitoring and Management bugs you encounter using our bug tracking system.