Based on Percona Server 5.5.41-37.0 including all the bug fixes in it, Galera Replicator 2.11, and on Codership wsrep API 25.11, Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.5.41-25.11 is now the current 5.5 General Availability release. All of Percona‘s software is open-source and free, and all the details of the release can be found in the 5.5.41-25.11 milestone at Launchpad.
- XtraBackup SST wouldn’t stop when MySQL was
SIGKILLed. This would prevent MySQL to initiate a new transfer as port 4444 was already utilized. Bug fixed #1380697.
- garbd was returning incorrect return code, ie. when garbd was already started, return code was
0. Bugs fixed #1308103 and #1422863.
wsrep_sst_xtrabackup-v2script was causing innobackupex to print a false positive stack trace into the log. Bug fixed #1407599.
- MyISAM DDL (
CREATE TABLEonly) isn’t replicated anymore when wsrep_replicate_myisam is
OFF. Note, for older nodes in the cluster, wsrep_replicate_myisam should work since the TOI decision (for MyISAM DDL) is done on origin node. Mixing of non-MyISAM and MyISAM tables in the same DDL statement is not recommended with wsrep_replicate_myisam
OFFsince if any table in list is MyISAM, the whole DDL statement is not put under TOI (total order isolation). This also doesn’t work if default_storage_engine variable is set to MyISAM (which is not recommended for Percona XtraDB Cluster) and a table is created without the
ENGINEoption. Bug fixed #1402338.
- Percona XtraDB Cluster now shows a warning in case additional utilities, like
pvwhich may not affect critical path of SST, are not installed. Bug fixed #1248688.
- wsrep_causal_reads variable was not honored when declared as global. Bug fixed #1361859.
garbdwould not work when cluster address was specified without the port. Bug fixed #1365193.
garbdwas running as root user on Debian. Bug fixed #1392388.
- Errors in
garbdinit script stop/start functions have been fixed. Bug fixed #1367956.
- If mysqld gets killed during the SST it will leave an unclean data directory behind. This would cause Percona XtraDB Cluster to fail when the server would be started next time because the data directory would be corrupted. This was fixed by resuming the startup in case
wsrep-recoverfailed to recover due to corrupted data directory. The old behavior is still achievable through
--exit-on-recover-failcommand line parameter to
my.cnf. Bug fixed #1378578.
gvwstate.datfile was removed on joiner when XtraBackup SST method was used. Bug fixed #1388059.
xtrabackup-v2SST did not clean the undo log directory. Bug fixed #1394836.
stderrof SST/Innobackupex is logged to syslog with appropriate tags if
[mysqld_safe]has syslog in
my.cnf. This can be overridden by setting the
[sst]. Bug fixed #1399134.
clustercheckcan now check if the node is
PRIMARYor not, to allow for synced nodes which go out of
PRIMARYnot to take any writes/reads. Bug fixed #1403566.
- Race condition between donor and joiner in Xtrabackup SST Configuration has been fixed. This caused XtraBackup SST to fail when joiner took longer to spawn the second listener for SST. Bug fixed #1405668.
- SST will now fail early if the
xtrabackup_checkpointsfile is missing on the joiner side. Bug fixed #1405985.
socatutility was not properly terminated after a timeout. Bug fixed #1409710.
- 10 seconds timeout in Xtrabackup SST Configuration script was not enough for the joiner to delete existing files before it started the socat receiver on systems with big
datadir. Bug fixed #1413879.
- Conflict between enforce_storage_engine and wsrep_replicate_myisam for
CREATE TABLEhas been fixed. Bug fixed #1435482.
- SST processes are now spawned with
posix_spawnto allow for better cleanup of child processes in event of non-graceful termination (
SIGKILLor a crash etc.). Bug fixed #1382797.
- Variable length arrays in WSREP code were causing debug builds to fail. Bug fixed #1409042.
- Signal handling in mysqld has been fixed for SST processes. Bug fixed #1399175.
- Inserts to a table with autoincrement primary key could result in duplicate key error if another node joined or dropped from the cluster during the insert processing. Bug fixed #1366997.
Help us improve our software quality by reporting any bugs you encounter using our bug tracking system. As always, thanks for your continued support of Percona!
Please also note that Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.6 series is the latest General Availability series and current GA release is 5.6.22-25.8.