Percona XtraBackup enables MySQL backups without blocking user queries, making it ideal for companies with large data sets and mission-critical applications that cannot tolerate long periods of downtime. Offered free as an open source solution, Percona XtraBackup drives down backup costs while providing unique features for MySQL backups.
- Percona XtraBackup has been rebased on MySQL 5.6.22.
- Incremental backups would fail if the number of undo tablespaces (innodb_undo_tablespaces) was more than
1. This was caused by innobackupex removing the undo tablespaces during the prepare phase. Bug fixed #1363234.
- Fixed multiple memory leaks detected by AddressSanitizer. Bug fixed #1395143.
- innobackupex could fail when preparing backup that was taken from Percona Server 5.5 with log files (innodb_log_file_size) bigger than
4G. The root cause was that the last checkpoint LSN offset in log group is stored at different offsets in
ibdata1for Percona Server 5.5 and MySQL 5.6 when the total size of log files is greater than
4G. Bug fixed #1403237.
- Percona XtraBackup out-of-source builds failed. Bug fixed #1402450.
Release notes with all the bugfixes for Percona XtraBackup 2.2.8 are available in our online documentation. Bugs can be reported on the launchpad bug tracker. Percona XtraBackup is an open source, free MySQL hot backup software that performs non-blocking backups for InnoDB and XtraDB databases.