Based on MySQL 5.6.22, including all the bug fixes in it, Percona Server 5.6.22-71.0 is the current GA release in the Percona Server 5.6 series. Percona Server is open-source and free – and this is the latest release of our enhanced, drop-in replacement for MySQL. Complete details of this release can be found in the 5.6.22-71.0 milestone on Launchpad.
- Percona Server has implemented improved slow log reporting for queries in stored procedures.
- TokuDB storage engine package has been updated to version 7.5.4. Percona Server with an older version of TokuDB could hit an early scaling limit when the binary log was enabled. TokuDB 7.5.4 fixes this problem by using the hints supplied by the binary log group commit algorithm to avoid fsync’ing its recovery log during the commit phase of the 2 phase commit algorithm that MySQL uses for transactions when the binary log is enabled.
- Debian and Ubuntu init scripts no longer have a hardcoded server startup timeout. This has been done to accommodate situations where server startup takes a very long time, for example, due to a crash recovery or buffer pool dump restore. Bugs fixed #1072538 and #1328262.
- A read-write workload on compressed InnoDB tables might have caused an assertion error. Bug fixed #1268656.
- Selecting from GLOBAL_TEMPORARY_TABLES table while running an online
ALTER TABLEin parallel could lead to server crash. Bug fixed #1294190.
- A wrong stack size calculation could lead to a server crash when Performance Schema tables were storing big amount of data or in case of server being under highly concurrent load. Bug fixed #1351148 (upstream #73979).
- A query on an empty table with a
BLOBcolumn may crash the server. Bug fixed #1384568 (upstream #74644).
- A read-write workload on compressed InnoDB tables might have caused an assertion error. Bug fixed #1395543.
- If HandlerSocket was enabled, the server would hang during shutdown. Bug fixed #1397859.
- The default MySQL configuration file,
my.cnf, was not installed during a new installation on CentOS. Bug fixed #1405667.
- The query optimizer did not pick a covering index for some
ORDER BYqueries. Bug fixed #1394967 (upstream #57430).
SHOW ENGINE INNODB STATUSwas displaying two identical
TRANSACTIONSsections. Bug fixed #1404565.
- A race condition in Multiple user level locks per connection implementation could cause a deadlock. Bug fixed #1405076.
If you’re upgrading TokuDB package on CentOS 5/6 you’ll need to restart the MySQL service after the upgrade, otherwise TokuDB storage engine won’t be initialized.