The scope of Oracle OpenWorld 2014, which runs Sept. 28-Oct. 2, is enormous and there are several keynotes and sessions I’m looking forward to attending. Especially the talks focused on the areas of:
- MySQL architecture and application development
- Cloud and Big Data
- Database administration and DevOps
- High-Availability and Replication
- Performance and Scalability
I also have the honor of speaking on the topic of “Practical MySQL Optimization.” Other sessions led by Percona staff include:
- “MySQL Query Patterns, Optimized,” by Bill Karwin
- “Schema Management: Versioning and Automation with Puppet and MySQL Utilities,” by Frederic Descamps
- And BOF Sessions:
All of us will, at one time or another, be at the Percona booth (Booth 2413), so please stop by and say “hello.” And while you’re there, register to win a new Kindle – the Fire HDX 8.9 Tablet.
We’ll also be raffling off passes to Percona Live London (Nov. 3-4), the annual Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo 2015 (PLMCE, April 13-16) and the new OpenStack Live 2015 conference, which runs alongside PLMCE April 13-14 – also at the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara & the Santa Clara Convention Center.
Let me know if you’ll be attending and do be sure to stop by our booth and say “hello!” I hope to see you there!