Percona Live London 2014 is fast approaching – November is just around the corner. This year’s conference, November 3-4, will be even bigger and better than last year thanks to the participation of leading MySQL experts the world over (including you!).
The Percona Live London MySQL Conference is a great event for users of any level using any of the major MySQL branches: MySQL, MariaDB or Percona Server. And this year we once again host a star-studded group of keynote speakers from industry-leading companies in the MySQL space.
We’ll also be welcoming leading MySQL practitioners from across the industry (and from all corners of the world) who will speak on topics that matter to you now – see the full conference schedule here:
Monday starts early with a full day of tutorials and a fun evening at the community dinner. Attendees will be arriving in true London style on a double-decker bus! Tuesday morning will kick-off with a series of keynotes followed by interactive breakout sessions – wrapping things up at the end of the day with a fun post-conference reception (a great chance to make new friends and reconnect with old ones).
Here’s a sneak peek at some of the must-see events this year:
- Oracle’s Tomas Ulin will speak on “MySQL: It Just Keeps Getting Better”
- Facebook’s Shlomo Priymak will explain “MySQL Automation at Facebook Scale”
- I’ll update everyone on the “Ever Evolving MySQL Landscape
- Booking.com’s Jean-François Gagné will discuss “High Availability, Disaster Recovery and Extreme Read Scaling using Binlog Servers”
- Continuent’s Robert Hodges will talk about how “MySQL Comes of Age”
- Codership’s Alexey Yurchenko will make a “Synchronous Revelation”
- Tim Callaghan of Tokutek will share “Performance Bechmarking: Tips, Tricks, and Lessons Learned”
- Baron Schwartz of VividCortex will layout a blueprint for “Building a Time-Series Database on MySQL”
- OlinData’s Walter Heck will walk you through “Moving a MySQL infrastructure with 130k QPS to Galera”
To recap, here are the Top Ten reasons to attend Percona Live London this November 3-4:
10. Advanced Rate Pricing ends October 5th
9. Hear about the hottest current topics and trends.
8. Network! Meet face-to-face in the “hallway track” and make lasting connections.
7. Learn how to make MySQL work better for you – regardless of your expertise.
6. Have a blast at the community dinner!
5. Discuss your unique challenges with experts and discover options for solving them.
4. Engage with the sponsors at their tabletop exhibits.
3. Listen to top industry leaders describe the future of the MySQL ecosystem
2. Learn what works, and what doesn’t, from leading companies using MySQL
1. And the Number 1 reason to attend Percona Live London 2014: ALL of the above!
I look forward to seeing you in London this November and don’t forgot that Advanced Rate Pricing pricing ends October 5 so be sure to register now!